Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #EngWI I must say I'm really enjoying this.

#EngWI I must say I'm really enjoying this.

It's not as though we haven't suffered plenty at their hands over the years, is it. **** 'em.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's not as though we haven't suffered plenty at their hands over the years, is it. **** 'em.
    It's not the best advert for day/night cricket you could ask for, though, is it? It's bloody dull, in fact. Mind you, Cook has been at the crease for the entire game, which is pretty much the definition of dull.

Having grown up watching the great West Indies sides I find it quite depressing.

THe series is going to be pretty dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's not the best advert for day/night cricket you could ask for, though, is it?
    That's the thing though, isn't it; it would be if it was England getting battered
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Having grown up watching the great West Indies sides I find it quite depressing.

Yeah, but you're a lefty; England doing well is always dull by definition

Yeah, but you're a lefty; England doing well is always dull by definition
    I have a small Yorkshire terrier.

Oddly enough, I was reminded by the fact that my daughter will be going to university this autumn that we had a home series against the Windies the summer before I went to university. It was Richards' last tour and the end of the great Windies sides. We drew the series with them for the first time in decades and it felt like an amazing achievement.

And now they're rubbish and we can beat them without breaking a sweat. Sad.

I have a small Yorkshire terrier.
    Makes sense. Probably the most embarrassing of British dog breeds nowadays. Even Arsene Wenger used to have one

Makes sense. Probably the most embarrassing of British dog breeds nowadays. Even Arsene Wenger used to have one
    You having a pop at my dog?

You having a pop at my dog?
    He is sneering at your tiny dog, p, yes. He finds you embarrassingly under-endowed in the hound department.