Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #EngWI I must say I'm really enjoying this.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Somehow, I don't think you'd say the same about a rubbish Manchester United side, or a down-at-heels Bayern or Barcelona, would you? Or would you?
    Football isn't going anywhere, though. Not soon, anyway. Test cricket has a gloomier future, and a poor W. Indies side won't help that.

And Holding, Roberts, Daniel. Makes me feel like Jorge reminiscing of the great Meeelan team of the blah blah blah.

And no-one ever cried for us when we were losing every game, did they.
    Well you wouldn't really, with Tony Grieg captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Football isn't going anywhere, though. Not soon, anyway. Test cricket has a gloomier future, and a poor W. Indies side won't help that.

And Holding, Roberts, Daniel. Makes me feel like Jorge reminiscing of the great Meeelan team of the blah blah blah.
    Greenidge, Haynes, Richards, Lloyd, Kallicharan, Rowe, Murray, Holding, Garner, Croft, Roberts

Sylvester Clarke and Wayne Daniel couldn't even get into the the team, a. Even Marshall struggled early in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Well you wouldn't really, with Tony Grieg captain.
    No, you wouldn't. But I doubt you've ever been to Eastern Cape, have you.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

It's a fair cop, guv.

I have a chum who will only ever have Cape Coloureds as his chefs. "Man," he says, "those boys can cook, but they're so ugly! They're a total ginitic miss."

I can certainly vouch for the veracity of the first part of his theory, but reject the second, knowing, as I do, a most delightful lady of such heritage. Large bosoms and an enthusiasm for Michael Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have a chum who will only ever have Cape Coloureds as his chefs. "Man," he says, "those boys can cook, but they're so ugly! They're a total ginitic miss."

I can certainly vouch for the veracity of the first part of his theory, but reject the second, knowing, as I do, a most delightful lady of such heritage. Large bosoms and an enthusiasm for Michael Jackson.
    The only one I've met up close is Herschelle Gibbs and he is quite ugly. No idea about his cooking.

Gibbs.jpg

It's not as though we haven't suffered plenty at their hands over the years, is it. **** 'em.
    Cook must be eyeing Graham Gooch's 333.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The only one I've met up close is Herschelle Gibbs and he is quite ugly. No idea about his cooking.

Gibbs.jpg
    You have met the lady in question. Cokey smurf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You have met the lady in question. Cokey smurf.
    Oh, yes, of course. I'd forgotten her. Must say, I don't remember her bosoms being particularly large and I do normally notice that sort of thing.