Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #EngWI I must say I'm really enjoying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oddly enough, I was reminded by the fact that my daughter will be going to university this autumn that we had a home series against the Windies the summer before I went to university. It was Richards' last tour and the end of the great Windies sides. We drew the series with them for the first time in decades and it felt like an amazing achievement.

And now they're rubbish and we can beat them without breaking a sweat. Sad.
    Somehow, I don't think you'd say the same about a rubbish Manchester United side, or a down-at-heels Bayern or Barcelona, would you? Or would you?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

He is sneering at your tiny dog, p, yes. He finds you embarrassingly under-endowed in the hound department.
    It was for the missus. I am a cat man.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Somehow, I don't think you'd say the same about a rubbish Manchester United side, or a down-at-heels Bayern or Barcelona, would you? Or would you?
    Yes, but that's just football. And besides, no-one ever hated the West Indies. Not in the way everyone hated the dominant Aussie side of the 90s. One could admire the great West Indian teams while simply accepting that they were going to give England a bloody good hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You having a pop at my dog?
    This is awful, Peter. They'll be going after your car, next.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is awful, Peter. They'll be going after your car, next.

Surely no-one would ever disparage a £500 Vectra?

You having a pop at my dog?
    I love dogs, and men with dogs are my favourite people (because I know them and what they go through). However, the modern Yorkie is a very poor imitation of its mighty ancestors. I bet yours doesn't even know which end of a rat is which.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I love dogs, and men with dogs are my favourite people (because I know them and what they go through). However, the modern Yorkie is a very poor imitation of its mighty ancestors. I bet yours doesn't even know which end of a rat is which.
    He doesn't know much. He is tiny, runt of the litter. Thick as pig ****.

Happy little fellow though.

Having grown up watching the great West Indies sides I find it quite depressing.

THe series is going to be pretty dull.
    It could rain for 2 days and we'll still win this match. The bowling is WI's strong suit......I'll just leave that there

Yes, but that's just football. And besides, no-one ever hated the West Indies. Not in the way everyone hated the dominant Aussie side of the 90s. One could admire the great West Indian teams while simply accepting that they were going to give England a bloody good hiding.
    I certainly hated the fact that we didn't compete against them, same with the Australians. And no-one ever cried for us when we were losing every game, did they. As I say, **** 'em. This is all just your leftiness, anti-Englishness, shining through.

Viv Richards is actually a relative of a family friend; met him many times, when I was a nipper.

He doesn't know much. He is tiny, runt of the litter. Thick as pig ****.

Happy little fellow though.
    ..Which is the only important thing, of course.