Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The use of 'sick' to mean impressive is now spreading and has become as

The use of 'sick' to mean impressive is now spreading and has become as

corrosively irritating as using "like" as a piece of meaningless punctuation.

I am going to do the same with the word ****. "Wow dude (pronounced dyude) that's a really **** piece of skateboarding you did there!"

"Thanks mum. This is really **** apple pie you made."

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post

I am going to do the same with the word ****. "Wow dude (pronounced dyude) that's a really **** piece of skateboarding you did there!"

Wait until you find out that 'dank' is now an adjective meaning 'excellent'. This confused the fúck out of me, I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Wait until you find out that 'dank' is now an adjective meaning 'excellent'. This confused the fúck out of me, I have to say.
    Master WES tells me when I do something silly or in an incorrect manner that I am a 'melt'.

Who knew

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post

Unrelated but when I see the term 'plays like butter' in regards to a guitar I cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Master WES tells me when I do something silly or in an incorrect manner that I am a 'melt'.

Who knew
    Yes, I quite like 'melt'. Dank, on the other hand, is just wrong.

Apparently a derivative of 'tuna melt', which is now seen as being something embarrassing and dated.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Apparently a derivative of 'tuna melt', which is now seen as being something embarrassing and dated.
    I never understood the combination of tuna and melted cheese. Always seemed wrong to me.

However, I doubt this derivation. Surely it's as simple as just being someone who melts when things get too hot?

I never understood the combination of tuna and melted cheese. Always seemed wrong to me.

However, I doubt this derivation. Surely it's as simple as just being someone who melts when things get too hot?
    Dunno, Burney. He uses it because his mates in his house at school use it, I expect. Although that was the explanation he offered me.

Dank means weed, doesn't it? Proper skunk, not the boring old Thai stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Dank means weed, doesn't it? Proper skunk, not the boring old Thai stuff.
    Yes. And from there, it has come to mean 'cool', appaza.