Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everton's first-choice 11 is probably on a par with ours and Liverpools

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Jesus, even I think that statement's ****ing nonsense. They will finish 7th or 8th. Rooney is not a replacement for Lukaku and even though Lukaku was infuriating, he still scored over 50% of their goals.
    Sigurdsson failed at spurs, Keane looks okay but essentially just a replacement for the BiL, the rest all look very average.
    That's the funny thing. They've spent £150m to essentially finish in the same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    That's the funny thing. They've spent £150m to essentially finish in the same spot.
    Yes, because spending money is like a trophy nowadays. You're a married man; you know.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So when yer man hangs up his boots, will you still follow Everton, do you think?
    I don't follow Everton, b. I take an interest and make use of the free food and ale. My interest will stop the moment he walks away

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I actually think Siggurdssonn is a good footballer.
    He's okay, takes a decent free-kick but never seen him turn in a game where he's been the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Let's wait and see. Their early fixtures are brutal, so I wouldn't draw too many conclusions on where they will finish until after Christmas at least. But to say they haven't improved relative to some of those above them is naive.

The defence (certainly including the keeper) is better than Arsenal's and Liverpool's, even more so when Coleman recovers from his long-term injury. Midfield: Sanchez (if he stays and can be bothered) is of course a class apart but otherwise there's little to choose. Gueye is a proper defensive midfielder which Wenger has not had since Giberto. Attack is the one area where they may be a little short of genuine quality.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I don't follow Everton, b. I take an interest and make use of the free food and ale. My interest will stop the moment he walks away
    No need to be touchy about your toffee-bothering tendencies, old chap. You're among friends here.

Maybe you should get one of those half-and-half replica shirts?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No need to be touchy about your toffee-bothering tendencies, old chap. You're among friends here.

Maybe you should get one of those half-and-half replica shirts?

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    Whether they have as much depth in their squad is debatable, but they are at least showing genuine ambition which you have to respect.

Based on????
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Lukaku has been rubbish since he cut his hair...

Topical bump
    10 characters? Pile of cund.