Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First Simon Jenkins article on the importance of doing nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    MLK was no fan of battymen, I understand.
    No reason why he should've been, of course, but I take your point completely.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I fúcking haven't, I can assure you.
    But you believe in equal rights for women and gays, Sir C! That makes you a raving pinko in redg's book, I imagine. Pwopah old-school conservative is redg.

EDIT: You probably don't even believe in God!

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yeah, I think you have. Anyway, you certainly do now.
    You can't say dem fings, r.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    But you believe in equal rights for women and gays, Sir C! That makes you a raving pinko in redg's book, I imagine. Pwopah old-school conservative is redg.

Well yes I do, but I accept that birds can't be as good at some things as men because they don't have the same physical strength or ability to throw. Also, in some circumstances they can become all emotional about shít. So having chicks on the front line, for example, would be a step too far for me.

I'm all over the bumders, as you know, but I'm not really happy about gay marriage. Adam and Eve, innit. Not Adam and Steve.

As for God, I remain agnostic. Or I think so, anyway.

None of these opinions is leftist or rightist, is it? Surely they're just... common sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

In fairness, it's not me whining about being suicide-bombed or white-vanned in the streets.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Well yes I do, but I accept that birds can't be as good at some things as men because they don't have the same physical strength or ability to throw. Also, in some circumstances they can become all emotional about shít. So having chicks on the front line, for example, would be a step too far for me.

I'm all over the bumders, as you know, but I'm not really happy about gay marriage. Adam and Eve, innit. Not Adam and Steve.

None of these opinions is leftist or rightist, is it? Surely they're just... common sense?
    Are you agnostic about the existence of Zeus and Thor as well? What about the fairies at the bottom of your garden?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Are you agnostic about the existence of Zeus and Thor as well? What about the fairies at the bottom of your garden?
    don't think it is PC to call them fairies anymore m
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Sure. But the context here is "rightists" believing these things go without saying and "leftists" thinking that these are terrible anomalies and injustices that need to be wiped from history regardless of any common sense aspects.

Essentially, it's the singer that's important here, rather than the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You are questioning my agnosticism on logical grounds there, aren't you?

You do appreciate how fúcking stupid that is, don't you?

You are questioning my agnosticism on logical grounds there, aren't you?

You do appreciate how fúcking stupid that is, don't you?
    What, being illogical? Yes I do.

So stop being stupid and just tell people you don't believe in God ('atheist' being as redundant a term as 'agnostic')