Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: First Simon Jenkins article on the importance of doing nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    What, being illogical? Yes I do.

So stop being stupid and just tell people you don't believe in God ('atheist' being as redundant a term as 'agnostic')
    May one enquire what gives you the right to decide what I should tell people? You're overstepping your remit here by quite a margin.

Plus, if I go to this place in Colindale and there's no booze, I will twist your little jew cock off and ram it up your saggy old arsepart. And the Lord will look kindly upon my work.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    In fairness, it's not me whining about being suicide-bombed or white-vanned in the streets.
    You can't use the term 'white-vanned' in this day and age reds
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You are questioning my agnosticism on logical grounds there, aren't you?

You do appreciate how fúcking stupid that is, don't you?
    True believers see agnostics as atheists trying to hedge their bets.

I think you have to pick a side. God is more likely to spare you if She sees the courage of your convictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    True believers see agnostics as atheists trying to hedge their bets.

I think you have to pick a side. God is more likely to spare you if She sees the courage of your convictions.
    Yes, but true believers are mental, surely?

I believe you will find that the correct pronoun for God is xe, given that xe is genderfluid

May one enquire what gives you the right to decide what I should tell people? You're overstepping your remit here by quite a margin.

Plus, if I go to this place in Colindale and there's no booze, I will twist your little jew cock off and ram it up your saggy old arsepart. And the Lord will look kindly upon my work.
    You can't go around saying you're undecided about the idea that there's a flying spaghetti monster and then get all huffy when people occasionally step in and tell you to stop being a spastic.

I didn't see any booze, but I did have a delightful chilled passion fruit bubble tea. Could that work for you guys?

So stop being stupid and just tell people you don't believe in God ('atheist' being as redundant a term as 'agnostic')
    Right. Those terms are especially meaningless anyway, if you want to be modern, liberal and secular.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. Those terms are especially meaningless anyway, if you want to be modern, liberal and secular.
    I may share a (theoretical) commitment to secularism with liberals, but unlike liberals I can see the downsides.

You can't go around saying you're undecided about the idea that there's a flying spaghetti monster and not expect people to occasionally step in and tell you to stop being a spastic.

I didn't see any booze, but I did have a delightful chilled passion fruit bubble tea. Could that work for you guys?
    That'll be fine if we remember to take a hipflask of mescaline.

No booze, for Christ's sake. How can you eat a meal without wine? It's barbaric.

That'll be fine if we remember to take a hipflask of mescaline.

No booze, for Christ's sake. How can you eat a meal without wine? It's barbaric.
    There's an all-singing all-dancing restaurant on the ground floor which I am sure serves wine. Just buy a bottle from there and take it up to the food court.

Go with an appetite and get the funky sounding dishes first. I made the fatal mistake of ordering the pigs intestines in ejaculate soup at the very end, and was rather uncomfortably close to vomiting

Shame Gandhi and Einstein aren't around so that Charles could explain to them how stupid they are as well, eh?

Nothing suggests to me that someone is intellectually limited more than the assumption that there is no limit to the capabilities of man's intellect. That's you that is, Monty.