Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: First Simon Jenkins article on the importance of doing nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Who the **** are you?
    Is the answer "Paul Gascoigne"?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Man is a duality of the rational and the irrational. They co-exist and we are all perfectly capable of knowing rationally that something isn't the case while still nonetheless retaining a vestigial - if irrational - belief in that thing,
    Like Arsenal winning the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You know that flying is a hugely safe form of transport. But you have many times told us how you fear or have feared it. Sir C finds your irrationality in this matter absurd just as you find his talk of agnosticism absurd.

In other words, you are not rational in all things, so why demand that others should be in ?

Gravity is a physical law, by the way. There is no physical law stating the non-existence of God.
    Fear of flying is not irrational. It cant be, because I have it.

Have I ever made a joke about your nose? Have I ever made a reference to you being Jewish? No, I haven't. Now would I ever.

I love the jews. All of them. Great bunch.
    I used to love jews until I came into contact with monty. He's turned me into a sort of proto-Nazi. Another few years round here and I'll be ordering Jud Süß from Amazon and inviting our resident Hitler enthusiast la round to watch it

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Is the answer "Paul Gascoigne"?
    Tell me who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Like Arsenal winning the league.
    Exactly so, a. Or Arsene's belief that Theo will eventually come good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He was appallingly common, granted, but we can't lock all the common people up, can we? Who would serve us?
    Middle class foreigners, of course. That's what the EU is for, after all. Move capital around to where it is most profitable, and ship all the labour around after it to make sure it is cheap.

I used to love jews until I came into contact with monty. He's turned me into a sort of proto-Nazi. Another few years round here and I'll be ordering Jud Süß from Amazon and inviting our resident Hitler enthusiast la round to watch it
    Comedy, music, film.....all richer because of our jewish friends.

Also, the women are fit

Well he was a junkie with mental health issues but there was no mention of a criminal record. He was appallingly common, granted, but we can't lock all the common people up, can we? Who would serve us?
    It doesn't sound like this fellow would be much good at serving, tbh.

Fear of flying is not irrational. It cant be, because I have it.
    Nothing irrational about being afraid of sitting in a thin metal tube thousands of feet in the air.