Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playing around with this, I'm struck by the discrepancy in pie prices.

Playing around with this, I'm struck by the discrepancy in pie prices.

How come, when everyone other London-ish Prem club is charging approximately 4 quid for a pie, Chelsea are only charging £2.50? Is Roman subsidising the pies? Or are Chelsea putting some really horrible shít in there?

https://ws.cadcorp.com/priceoffootba...ame%3dFirstMap

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How come, when everyone other London-ish Prem club is charging approximately 4 quid for a pie, Chelsea are only charging £2.50? Is Roman subsidising the pies? Or are Chelsea putting some really horrible shít in there?

https://ws.cadcorp.com/priceoffootba...ame%3dFirstMap
    Could be their way of getting money back on Costa... Costa pies, get him while he's hot
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Could be their way of getting money back on Costa... Costa pies, get him while he's hot
    I wouldn't eat a pie made of Costa.

I wouldn't eat a pie made of Costa.
    Talking of pies, the Korean chicken wings at Boxpark are worth travelling for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Talking of pies, the Korean chicken wings at Boxpark are worth travelling for.
    I don't go to Croydon anymore, really. No reason to, really.

Besides, Boxpark is completely new to me. Is it on the Purley Way?

I don't go to Croydon anymore, really. No reason to, really.

Besides, Boxpark is completely new to me. Is it on the Purley Way?
    I doubt I will ever be there again, which is something of a shame.

It's right next to East Croydon station. You've got your Vietnamese, your Korean, your Thai, you've got burgers, roast beef, vegan, Lebanese... there must be 30 stalls.

I doubt I will ever be there again, which is something of a shame.

It's right next to East Croydon station. You've got your Vietnamese, your Korean, your Thai, you've got burgers, roast beef, vegan, Lebanese... there must be 30 stalls.
    Really? How weird. I do occasionally go via East Croydon, so might use it then.

I remember when the major attraction at East Croydon Station was a long wall with the legend 'I FEEL SICK' spray painted on it in big letters.

Those were the days

Really? How weird. I do occasionally go via East Croydon, so might use it then.

I remember when the major attraction at East Croydon Station was a long wall with the legend 'I FEEL SICK' spray painted on it in big letters.

Those were the days
    You may take a train to Bromley South, then change for Beckenham Junction. At Beckenham Junction take tram no. 2 for West Croydon and get off at East Croydon. Tap in at the tram stop to pay your £1.50 but do not tap out. Any other advice you may need about public transport will be happily shared

You may take a train to Bromley South, then change for Beckenham Junction. At Beckenham Junction take tram no. 2 for West Croydon and get off at East Croydon. Tap in at the tram stop to pay your £1.50 but do not tap out. Any other advice you may need about public transport will be happily shared
    Were I heading that way and given where I live, surely I would just take a train from London Bridge or Victoria directly to East Croydon?

Were I heading that way and given where I live, surely I would just take a train from London Bridge or Victoria directly to East Croydon?
    That might, perhaps, be the chosen routing of the unimaginative, inexperienced traveller.

Trust me. I know about these things. In two weeks commuting I only got on the wrong train once; and even then I kept my shít together so that I was able to make the decision to leave the train at Rochester and wait for v to collect me.