Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Nicosia

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Still one of my favourites, that. 'unfortunately fell off a cliff'

If you could successfully mimic Nic's genius for the redundant phrase, tone-deafness, dogmatism and the earth-shatteringly banal, one could make a fortune out of a fantastic comic character.
    Paul Merton? Not the Arsenal legend, the other one.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

There a lot of people that would swear he was a top guy outside the forum (a couple of whom he picked up, drove them to an away game and then back)...You could say I'm biased but he was top with me as well on a couple of occasions even when I put him in a difficult situation with some tickets (and it's times like this you can see a man's character). There were much worst characters than Nic on this forum over the years...Not on the board for 2-3 years and still you guys look him up just to start a new thread???

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus The Immortal Gooner View Post
    There a lot of people that would swear he was a top guy outside the forum (a couple of whom he picked up, drove them to an away game and then back)...You could say I'm biased but he was top with me as well on a couple of occasions even when I put him in a difficult situation with some tickets (and it's times like this you can see a man's character). There were much worst characters than Nic on this forum over the years...Not on the board for 2-3 years and still you guys look him up just to start a new thread???
    Off the board, he is indeed a thoroughly decent chap. Just perhaps not suited to the "banter" on here

He turns up in Arsenal timelines and does have amusing qualities as well as generous ones
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

This board has some of the most mean-spirited, obsessive and paranoid so-called Arsenal fans online. I don't understand why anyone feels the need to dredge up old posts made by someone who hasn't been here for yearsin roder to make fun of him. Don't you have anyone else to laugh at, maybe at home? Mother-in-law? Terminally ill wife? Severely handicapped child? Yourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Off the board, he is indeed a thoroughly decent chap. Just perhaps not suited to the "banter" on here
    Agreed, a very nice chap indeed.

Its just that we are a massive bunch of ****s on here. Not me, I mean the rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Agreed, a very nice chap indeed.

Its just that we are a massive bunch of ****s on here. Not me, I mean the rest of you.
    Well actually, amid all the fùcking sanctimony that's flying about, certain of us on here spent years defending Nic from the relentless attacks of certain board members who are for some reason remembered fondly. But hey-ho.

Well actually, amid all the fùcking sanctimony that's flying about, certain of us on here spent years defending Nic from the relentless attacks of certain board members who are for some reason remembered fondly. But hey-ho.
    Surely after this Summer, you can appreciate what Cook has to offer, especially within the context of this batting line-up?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I didn't mean you, either.

Still, a bit of sanctimony is always a good laugh.

Yes, there were some on here who openly advocated banning people in no small part because of their abuse of Nic. Some of these people then ended up turning on Nic, which was rather ironic.

And I suppose the lesson to be learned from all this is that banning people from an internet board is sort of pathetic.

Hopefully everyone has moved on and developed a sense of perspective.