Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So a left wing politician dares to point out that

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its committed by asian men, most of whom are Muslims. It strongly suggests that there is some issue with how members of these communities view young white women (as they are always the target).

Without question, it is an issues for these communities to address. Refusing to do so, refusing to even accept that there is an issue, is bull****. Its also a tremendously inhumane response to see this as a race issue and ignore the multitude of victims.

The whole situation becomes rather difficult when you refer to it as a 'muslim problem' or refer to the perpetrators as Pakistani when plenty of them aren't. It is also rather difficult to refer to a single community which doesn't actually exist.

I have no problem saying that the members of these gangs seem to be almost exclusively muslim. I know you want to go back down the path of blaming the entire religion for it. Would I help if I told you that was exactly the wrong thing to do if you are actually interested in stopping it happening?
    Hmmm. This community that doesn't exist is regularly referred to by these same politicians in the aftermath of terrorist attacks, when we are regularly told not to hold them responsible for the actions of a crazy few and their 'community leaders' are wheeled out to mouth some half-arsed platitudes. So it seems that they do exist when it suits and not when it doesn't.

Equally, of course, 'white people' regularly get called out for every ill under the sun and they're not a single community, either.

And what if your constituents' views are that they don't like foreigners, they hate them coming over here and taking our jobs and therefore want a referendum on the EU? Is it ok to view that kind of racism as unacceptable and ignore their wishes for 40 years?
    Why is not liking a foreigner for taking your job racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He probably would. But those sentiments are really just a smokescreen for a group who either don't care or don't want to face up to red reality that there is a demonstrable link between these crimes and the ethnicity, culture and religion of most of their perpetrators.
    That is, without hesitation, accurate. A very clear and undeniable link involving those three aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Why is not liking a foreigner for taking your job racist?
    Why don't you read the entire sentence?

Hmmm. This community that doesn't exist is regularly referred to by these same politicians in the aftermath of terrorist attacks, when we are regularly told not to hold them responsible for the actions of a crazy few and their 'community leaders' are wheeled out to mouth some half-arsed platitudes. So it seems that they do exist when it suits and not when it doesn't.

Equally, of course, 'white people' regularly get called out for every ill under the sun and they're not a single community, either.
    It doesn't exist as one community. It isn't as easy to control as some people like to make out. Which is also why this issue is no quick fix.

And what if your constituents' views are that they don't like foreigners, they hate them coming over here and taking our jobs and therefore want a referendum on the EU? Is it ok to view that kind of racism as unacceptable and ignore their wishes for 40 years?
    Even if we accept your rather crude representation of those feelings and accept that they underlie the leave vote (which I do not, for the record), the fact remains that none of those views involves tacitly supporting illegality. You may not like those views, but they are nonetheless valid.

You say "some issue with how members of these communities view young white women" as if we don't know what that issue is. As if it's a big fúcking mystery that we just can't unravel, however hard we look

But it isn't. The answer is in the The Holy Quran and its associated scriptures. Honestly, read it. It's all there, and leaves absolutely no ambiguity about why those who believe the book is the immutable word of God may feel justified in raping underage white girls.

So yes, in this sense, I do blame the whole religion. How can you not?
    The problem with blaming the whole religion is that it implies that you blame everyone in it. Do you?

Why don't you read the entire sentence?
    I refer you to Burney's previous response. If your constituents don't like foreigners because of bare-faced ethno-nationalism, then they don't have any duty to represent them.

Even if we accept your rather crude representation of those feelings and accept that they underlie the leave vote (which I do not, for the record), the fact remains that none of those views involves tacitly supporting illegality. You may not like those views, but they are nonetheless valid.
    So it is illegal to think that grooming gangs are 'not a big deal'....?

I wasn't suggesting that the leave vote was based on racism, don't drag me there. It was, as you say, a crude representation.

I refer you to Burney's previous response. If your constituents don't like foreigners because of bare-faced ethno-nationalism, then they don't have any duty to represent them.
    That isn't what Berni said. Quite the opposite.