Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So a left wing politician dares to point out that

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Give her a ****ing chance. She said one thing and got fired for it, watching the political class close its ranks.

Only fair to let her have a think about her next move.

Anyway, you are missing a crucial point here. A local councillor in Newcastle (Asian) explained that asking the Asian community to take responsibility for this is like asking the white community to take responsibility for Jimmy Saville.

Even I wanted to smack the smug **** in the face.
    But you won't admit it's a Muslim problem

See, this is where your principle of representation runs aground. Looking at their seat's demographics can just as easily be described as representing the views of their constituents.
    If your constituents' views are that the mass rape of white girls isn't that big a deal, I don't think there's any duty to represent them. Indeed, you have a duty not to.

Give her a ****ing chance. She said one thing and got fired for it, watching the political class close its ranks.

Only fair to let her have a think about her next move.

Anyway, you are missing a crucial point here. A local councillor in Newcastle (Asian) explained that asking the Asian community to take responsibility for this is like asking the white community to take responsibility for Jimmy Saville.

Even I wanted to smack the smug **** in the face.
    If Jimmy Savile had selectively and systematically targeted girls of a different race, culture and religion because of those factors, the stupid cùnts who come out with this argument might have a point.

As it is, they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    If your constituents' views are that the mass rape of white girls isn't that big a deal, I don't think there's any duty to represent them. Indeed, you have a duty not to.
    I think Peter might argue that their consituents' views are more likely to be along the lines of "We condemn the mass rape of white girls, but we refuse to be held responsible simply because we share the same ethnicity as the perpetrators and reject any suggestion that their actions are rooted in the faith that we also share. Please represent our views by pushing back against the idea that this is a problem within our community, as this will only add fuel to the racism and bigotry that we already experience as a minority group"

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    But you won't admit it's a Muslim problem
    Its committed by asian men, most of whom are Muslims. It strongly suggests that there is some issue with how members of these communities view young white women (as they are always the target).

Without question, it is an issues for these communities to address. Refusing to do so, refusing to even accept that there is an issue, is bull****. Its also a tremendously inhumane response to see this as a race issue and ignore the multitude of victims.

The whole situation becomes rather difficult when you refer to it as a 'muslim problem' or refer to the perpetrators as Pakistani when plenty of them aren't. It is also rather difficult to refer to a single community which doesn't actually exist.

I have no problem saying that the members of these gangs seem to be almost exclusively muslim. I know you want to go back down the path of blaming the entire religion for it. Would I help if I told you that was exactly the wrong thing to do if you are actually interested in stopping it happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think Peter might argue that their consituents' views are more likely to be along the lines of "We condemn the mass rape of white girls, but we refuse to be held responsible simply because we share the same ethnicity as the perpetrators and reject any suggestion that their actions are rooted in the faith that we also share. Please represent our views by pushing back against the idea that this is a problem within our community, as this will only add fuel to the racism and bigotry that we already experience as a minority group"
    He probably would. But those sentiments are really just a smokescreen for a group who either don't care or don't want to face up to red reality that there is a demonstrable link between these crimes and the ethnicity, culture and religion of most of their perpetrators.

If Jimmy Savile had selectively and systematically targeted girls of a different race, culture and religion because of those factors, the stupid cùnts who come out with this argument might have a point.

As it is, they don't.
    You could also argue that the white community has dealt very decisively with the whole 'celebrities abusing children' issue. Some would say they went too far in chasing historic allegations.

Its committed by asian men, most of whom are Muslims. It strongly suggests that there is some issue with how members of these communities view young white women (as they are always the target).

Without question, it is an issues for these communities to address. Refusing to do so, refusing to even accept that there is an issue, is bull****. Its also a tremendously inhumane response to see this as a race issue and ignore the multitude of victims.

The whole situation becomes rather difficult when you refer to it as a 'muslim problem' or refer to the perpetrators as Pakistani when plenty of them aren't. It is also rather difficult to refer to a single community which doesn't actually exist.

I have no problem saying that the members of these gangs seem to be almost exclusively muslim. I know you want to go back down the path of blaming the entire religion for it. Would I help if I told you that was exactly the wrong thing to do if you are actually interested in stopping it happening?
    A Muslim mayor speaks:

DHawuq.jpg

And what if your constituents' views are that they don't like foreigners, they hate them coming over here and taking our jobs and therefore want a referendum on the EU? Is it ok to view that kind of racism as unacceptable and ignore their wishes for 40 years?

You say "some issue with how members of these communities view young white women" as if we don't know what that issue is. As if it's a big fúcking mystery that we just can't unravel, however hard we look

But it isn't. The answer is in the The Holy Quran and its associated scriptures. Honestly, read it. It's all there, and leaves absolutely no ambiguity about why those who believe the book is the immutable word of God may feel justified in raping underage white girls.

So yes, in this sense, I do blame the whole religion. How can you not?