Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So a left wing politician dares to point out that

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hmmm... well, of course, the holy books themselves have not been amended in any way. This neutering you speak is of is our modern understanding of the literal passages and our shared belief in how they should shape our behaviour.

In other words, our interpretation of the original scripture. This is the very point I was making to you last week and that you described as a red herring. That a religion can be separated from its original incarnation. And by definition, from any ghastly future *******isation of it.

So when the KKK lynch black people the world is able to separate this from global christianity, even though the clowns are claiming to do it in the name of Christ.

The situation with Islam is the same but for some reason you refuse to accept that it has already happened. You still wish to blame Islam for everything done in its name and resist any argument regarding interpretation as a red herring or a straw man.

I am happy to sit here and agree that some muslin men in britain clearly have an appalling attitude to young, white women and a very small minority do horrific things to them. I would also agree that we are reluctant to admit this because of fears about being labelled racist. I would also agree that the communities these men stem from should be concerned by this and should tackle it in some way.

What I refuse to do is partially absolve these ****s by believing that their religion told them to do it. **** that.
    Yes, I refuse to accept that it has already happened because it demonstrably hasn't. Jihadists and child rapists are merely on the inside of a collection of concentric circles, but on the outside are the millions upon millions with views about human rights, women’s rights, and gay rights that are incompatible with the kind of civilisation we should all want to live in.

Have you not seen the polls conducted in recent years about the views of Muslims in the UK and Europe on such issues? And you believe that Islam has already achieved a kind of reformation?

I was going to say they are almost exlusively asian, ethnic minorities and there is a global tension between islam as a creed and, well, everyone else but mainly white, western people. You know, the whole fundamental islamic terrorism thing.

White western people tend to refer to muslims as one great mass of people.
    But the liberal pandering to these communities pre-dates all that. Ray Honeyford was sacked in the early 80s for daring to suggest that certain practices of the local Pakistani muslims in Bradford mitigated against good educational practice. Why? Because even then the fear of being called racist to people of brown skin trumped all other concerns for the sort of people who populate local government and the educational establishment. With time, it's got even worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Honeyford

The white liberal is still labouring under the delusion that this is still about race. It's not,They don't even grasp that the game has moved on from race and into ideology and practical considerations of the rule of law.

Give her a ****ing chance. She said one thing and got fired for it, watching the political class close its ranks.

Only fair to let her have a think about her next move.

Anyway, you are missing a crucial point here. A local councillor in Newcastle (Asian) explained that asking the Asian community to take responsibility for this is like asking the white community to take responsibility for Jimmy Saville.

Even I wanted to smack the smug **** in the face.
    She's already apologized and said she regretted her actions, has she not?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    She's already apologized and said she regretted her actions, has she not?
    Indeed. The morally bankrupt ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Indeed. The morally bankrupt ****.

She also approved the piece before it was published save for one amendment. She felt the photo of her wasn't very flattering and sent five different photos for them to use instead.

Oh dear

She also approved the piece before it was published save for one amendment. She felt the photo of her wasn't very flattering and sent five different photos for them to use instead.

Oh dear
    In fairness to the silly bitch, I'd imagine there's a fair chance she didn't give final approval on the piece and she may well have objected to the headline and opening paragraph which were deliberately provocative, had it been here and not her team that gave sign off.

The photo thing is weird. It really is only women who give a shít about that kind of thing, isn't it? Why not just be mildly miffed and then get on with your life? How can it be so important to have an up-to-date photo?

Yes, I refuse to accept that it has already happened because it demonstrably hasn't. Jihadists and child rapists are merely on the inside of a collection of concentric circles, but on the outside are the millions upon millions with views about human rights, women’s rights, and gay rights that are incompatible with the kind of civilisation we should all want to live in.

Have you not seen the polls conducted in recent years about the views of Muslims in the UK and Europe on such issues? And you believe that Islam has already achieved a kind of reformation?
    Oh, I am not saying they are all wonderfully enlightened liberals. And when I say it has happened I am not saying it is done and dusted.

In the broader scheme of women's rights and gay rights they are not alone. Plenty of the rest of the world has some catching up to do.

It is clear there is work to do within our own muslim communities. I can only tell you, having lived among huge muslin communities since I was a child, that the very idea of this kind of behaviour is as appalling to them to them as it is to you. There is plenty of goodwill to work with.

In fairness to the silly bitch, I'd imagine there's a fair chance she didn't give final approval on the piece and she may well have objected to the headline and opening paragraph which were deliberately provocative, had it been here and not her team that gave sign off.

The photo thing is weird. It really is only women who give a shít about that kind of thing, isn't it? Why not just be mildly miffed and then get on with your life? How can it be so important to have an up-to-date photo?
    Her biggest mistake seems to have been suggesting it was a problem with pakistani men. THat isn't terribly accurate given the ethnic make up of most of these gangs.

****ing stupid mistake to make.

Her biggest mistake seems to have been suggesting it was a problem with pakistani men. THat isn't terribly accurate given the ethnic make up of most of these gangs.

****ing stupid mistake to make.
    Lols. You seriously reckon she'd have been fine had she been more forensic in how she described the statistical make-up of these blokes?

Oh, I am not saying they are all wonderfully enlightened liberals. And when I say it has happened I am not saying it is done and dusted.

In the broader scheme of women's rights and gay rights they are not alone. Plenty of the rest of the world has some catching up to do.

It is clear there is work to do within our own muslim communities. I can only tell you, having lived among huge muslin communities since I was a child, that the very idea of this kind of behaviour is as appalling to them to them as it is to you. There is plenty of goodwill to work with.
    Do you speak their language, P, whatever it is?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."