Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Its committed by asian men, most of whom are Muslims. It strongly suggests that there is some issue with how members of these communities view young white women (as they are always the target).

Without question, it is an issues for these communities to address. Refusing to do so, refusing to even accept that there is an issue, is bull****. Its also a tremendously inhumane response to see this as a race issue and ignore the multitude of victims.

The whole situation becomes rather difficult when you refer to it as a 'muslim problem' or refer to the perpetrators as Pakistani when plenty of them aren't. It is also rather difficult to refer to a single community which doesn't actually exist.

I have no problem saying that the members of these gangs seem to be almost exclusively muslim. I know you want to go back down the path of blaming the entire religion for it. Would I help if I told you that was exactly the wrong thing to do if you are actually interested in stopping it happening?
Hmmm. This community that doesn't exist is regularly referred to by these same politicians in the aftermath of terrorist attacks, when we are regularly told not to hold them responsible for the actions of a crazy few and their 'community leaders' are wheeled out to mouth some half-arsed platitudes. So it seems that they do exist when it suits and not when it doesn't.

Equally, of course, 'white people' regularly get called out for every ill under the sun and they're not a single community, either.