Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Hmmm... well, of course, the holy books themselves have not been amended in any way. This neutering you speak is of is our modern understanding of the literal passages and our shared belief in how they should shape our behaviour.

In other words, our interpretation of the original scripture. This is the very point I was making to you last week and that you described as a red herring. That a religion can be separated from its original incarnation. And by definition, from any ghastly future *******isation of it.

So when the KKK lynch black people the world is able to separate this from global christianity, even though the clowns are claiming to do it in the name of Christ.

The situation with Islam is the same but for some reason you refuse to accept that it has already happened. You still wish to blame Islam for everything done in its name and resist any argument regarding interpretation as a red herring or a straw man.

I am happy to sit here and agree that some muslin men in britain clearly have an appalling attitude to young, white women and a very small minority do horrific things to them. I would also agree that we are reluctant to admit this because of fears about being labelled racist. I would also agree that the communities these men stem from should be concerned by this and should tackle it in some way.

What I refuse to do is partially absolve these ****s by believing that their religion told them to do it. **** that.
Yes, I refuse to accept that it has already happened because it demonstrably hasn't. Jihadists and child rapists are merely on the inside of a collection of concentric circles, but on the outside are the millions upon millions with views about human rights, women’s rights, and gay rights that are incompatible with the kind of civilisation we should all want to live in.

Have you not seen the polls conducted in recent years about the views of Muslims in the UK and Europe on such issues? And you believe that Islam has already achieved a kind of reformation?