Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So the daughter got her A-Level results today (all fine, thanks for asking) and it

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's ok, though. If she can't land a job as a google developer after that it'll be the patriarchy's fault so she might be in line for some compensation.
    To be fair to her, she's reasonably level-headed about it. She tries to appease me by saying that industries like drama graduates, as they know how to present themselves, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    She should aim to become a newsreader imo. Or a Hollywood actress.
    What does she want to be?
    Fùck alone knows. I'm not sure I trust people who know what they want to be at 18, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    She talks about 'performance pieces' and 'spaces'. It makes me want to disown her.
    Be fair though, you spent three years reading novels And now you quote Joyce, ffs.

I remember this day well, phoning the school from the pay phone in the Ship Bar in Warrenpoint to be told I had achieved 1 grade A, 1 grade C and 1 grade F. Realising then that I had not enough points or whatever for my chosen course and wondering how my future would pan out.

A few carefully placed phone calls on my behalf and I was into University quicker than you could say “what a fúcking waste of time that is going to be”.

Congratulation !
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Natch.
    Well I'd suggest she get to Hollywood pronto so that her dues can be paid.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I remember this day well, phoning the school from the pay phone in the Ship Bar in Warrenpoint to be told I had achieved 1 grade A, 1 grade C and 1 grade F. Realising then that I had not enough points or whatever for my chosen course and wondering how my future would pan out.

A few carefully placed phone calls on my behalf and I was into University quicker than you could say “what a fúcking waste of time that is going to be”.
    May I ask what the F was in, sw?

Actually I was thinking. I get annoyed when I hear about A levels and people doing well,

But I actually have 3 B's myself.

May I ask what the F was in, sw?
    Flyddiness
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

To be fair to her, she's reasonably level-headed about it. She tries to appease me by saying that industries like drama graduates, as they know how to present themselves, etc, etc.
    Possibly something in that. A colleague of mine did drama. She has excellent 'people skills', for want of a better description, and works well with everyone. Started as a receptionist and now heads a department. This may have more to do with her as an individual rather than her choice of degree but sometimes we have to act roles rather than be ourselves.