Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So the daughter got her A-Level results today (all fine, thanks for asking) and it

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but without an arts graduate there to explain in comprehensible terms to an uncaring world what the fůck the badly-dressed virgin is banging on about, physicists would never get anywhere.
    People don't need televisions or high-speed travel explained to them. They do supposedly need know-nothing, bullshítting salesmen though, for some unfathomable reason. Arts grads can at least fill that void.

struck me that they way they do it now is unnecessarily cruel. First of all, you can find out from UCAS online if you've been accepted into the University of your choice at half six in the morning. That's fine if you've done well, of course, but if not, you've got to go into school to collect your results in front of all your happy mates and then spend hours ringing round the 'University' of South Rutland, etc trying to get a place.

Surely the whole thing can now be done online to avoid all this crap?
    I didn't even bother collecting mine. Didn't bother going to my graduation either

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Physics.

Even then I knew it was not cool to be a spod.
    Ahem, pardon me?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Ahem, pardon me?

Presumably done in Canada so barely comparable to an Irish education.

Presumably done in Canada so barely comparable to an Irish education.
    Yes, both the A level in physics and the BSc in nuclear physics.

But don't be too hard on the Irish educational system, while miles behind Canada (most of them are) I'm sure there are one or two countries they compare favourably with. Yemen, as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, both the A level in physics and the BSc in nuclear physics.

But don't be too hard on the Irish educational system, while miles behind Canada (most of them are) I'm sure there are one or two countries they compare favourably with. Yemen, as an example.
    You're ****ting me?

Do you know how to make a bomb?

You're ****ting me?

Do you know how to make a bomb?
    Big milk churns full of fertiliser, isn't it, sw?

Big milk churns full of fertiliser, isn't it, sw?
    Nails also surely.

And a timer.

Nails also surely.

And a timer.
    I'm not sure it's really a laughing matter, SW. I was only over there for the fishing.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I'm not sure it's really a laughing matter, SW. I was only over there for the fishing.
    And for hearty strolls in the Mourne Mountains, I hope.