Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So the daughter got her A-Level results today (all fine, thanks for asking) and it

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    May I ask what the F was in, sw?
    Physics.

Even then I knew it was not cool to be a spod.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Physics.

There is no F in Physics
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Physics.

You were mad even to be taking it imo. I got an E at it in GCSE on the grounds that it was a stupid subject and that I'd given up on it pretty much after my first lesson.

You were mad even to be taking it imo. I got an E at it in GCSE on the grounds that it was a stupid subject and that I'd given up on it pretty much after my first lesson.
    I seem to recall thinking it was relatively “easy” at O Level and this was the basis of my course selection for A Level, as opposed to choosing courses for a defined career path. As you have said before, who the fúck really knows what they want to be at 16.

I cannot recall a course which would have helped me become a rampant stud muffin.

In the end in hindsight I appear to have chosen to be an Irish speaking economist who knew how to do whatever a physics person does.

Did Physics have electrolysis or was that a Chemistry topic ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Dunno mate, I got an F.

No idea. I remember some shít about rheostats (no idea) and mysterious circuit diagrams. All a load of bòllocks if you ask me.

What's physics ever done for anyone, eh?

Kinda both, but more Chemistry. Speaking as someone with A-levels in Physics and Chemistry. Not very high grades, unfortunately, but they are fùcking hard subjects, it was long ago when standards were higher and tbf I wasn't very motivated. Why should I have been, when I was going to be a rock star?

No idea. I remember some shít about rheostats (no idea) and mysterious circuit diagrams. All a load of bòllocks if you ask me.

What's physics ever done for anyone, eh?
    Apart from just about every convenience and comfort of the modern world. As well you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Apart from just about every convenience and comfort of the modern world. As well you know.
    Yes, but without an arts graduate there to explain in comprehensible terms to an uncaring world what the fùck the badly-dressed virgin is banging on about, physicists would never get anywhere.