Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PinkBallWIMB: Presumably it can't be lunch and tea for the day-night Test

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not sure they've thought this through. Drunken enough affairs at the weekends of a normal test, let alone a day/night one!
    A muggy, overcast evening under lights in Birmingham - the ball will be hooping round corners imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A muggy, overcast evening under lights in Birmingham - the ball will be hooping round corners imo.
    Bowl, bowl and bowl again on this one

Well it's quite bright and breezy at the moment, although overcast. I think to reach ''muggy'' the temperature will have to jump significantly. May have to break out the Cagoule

Bowl, bowl and bowl again on this one
    I suggest batting first, scoring quickly and then declaring when it gets dark.

I suggest batting first, scoring quickly and then declaring when it gets dark.
    I doubt it'll swing as much in the dark*

*This is based on a massive hunch with absolutely no credible data to back it up

I doubt it'll swing as much in the dark*

*This is based on a massive hunch with absolutely no credible data to back it up
    a certain J Anderson has said that the pink ball doesn't do as much as the red one... just wobbles around a bit
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    a certain J Anderson has said that the pink ball doesn't do as much as the red one... just wobbles around a bit
    Seeing as the white ball does feck all it would make sense that the pinkun does half of feck all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Seeing as the white ball does feck all it would make sense that the pinkun does half of feck all.
    I don't understand why it's possible to play test cricket with a red ball under lights if there's bad light, but not possible to play with a red ball under lights if it's dark.

The whole thing is a nonsense if you ask me.

I don't understand why it's possible to play test cricket with a red ball under lights if there's bad light, but not possible to play with a red ball under lights if it's dark.

The whole thing is a nonsense if you ask me.
    All cricket matches should be played with a red Duke ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    so what is it? Tea and dinner?
    England batting