Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The absolute state of Alan Brazil.

The absolute state of Alan Brazil.

DHTaJufXsAMMCn-.jpg-large.jpg

He looks like he could have a terminal event at any moment.

Mind you, 58. By scotch standards, he's had a good innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    DHTaJufXsAMMCn-.jpg-large.jpg

He looks like he could have a terminal event at any moment.

Mind you, 58. By scotch standards, he's had a good innings.
    Partial to a drink, I understand. It catches up with you eventually.

I was young at the time but I seem to recall him not being that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Decent enough but Scotland had a number of better forwards back then, as indeed did Spurs.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I remember that Ipswich team being quite good, but their two best players were Dutch, as I recall. Although it was a generally good side. Gates, Mariner, Brazil, Beattie, Wark and...errr...Mick Mills.

I remember that Ipswich team being quite good, but their two best players were Dutch, as I recall. Although it was a generally good side. Gates, Mariner, Brazil, Beattie, Wark and...errr...Mick Mills.
    And dear old Brian Talbot, of course.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Ahh, the Ancient Mariner (by the time he joined us). Those were NOT the days.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    And dear old Brian Talbot, of course.
    Ahhhhhhhhh Talbot

http://chateau-talbot.com/

Ahh, the Ancient Mariner (by the time he joined us). Those were NOT the days.
    Yes. An odd team that. Had a lot of players who'd been good elsewhere in it, but who were pretty shït for us - Nicholas, Mariner, Anderson, Woodcock.

Yes. An odd team that. Had a lot of players who'd been good elsewhere in it, but who were pretty shït for us - Nicholas, Mariner, Anderson, Woodcock.
    I remember the world as grey and miserable then. Maybe it is just that horrible corrugated iron at the Clock End etched into my mind.

Why would anyone ever have wanted to stand on the Clock End? I never understood that....

I remember the world as grey and miserable then. Maybe it is just that horrible corrugated iron at the Clock End etched into my mind.

Why would anyone ever have wanted to stand on the Clock End? I never understood that....
    For us, it was the gritty urban grubbiness of it all. We simply didn't get that sort of thing at home and, best of all, I suppose, our parents would've been horrified.