Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: It's a fraction over 2 weeks until the transfer window slams shut. So far we have

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

My neighbour appears to have bought a new Mercedes Benz in the last week, it was the first thing my wife said to me last evening apparently under the bizarre impression that a) I had noticed and b) I actually cared.

She then asked me how I thought he could afford it.

How the fúck would I know. Hadn't even got my fúcking jacket off.
    That's the world we live in, I'm afraid; mean-spirited, suspicious and covetous. It's almost as if everyone's completely forgotten the Tenth Commandment
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's the world we live in, I'm afraid; mean-spirited, suspicious and covetous. It's almost as if everyone's completely forgotten the Tenth Commandment
    Ninth has taken a bit of a hammering too. And don't start me on the sixth.

My neighbour appears to have bought a new Mercedes Benz in the last week, it was the first thing my wife said to me last evening apparently under the bizarre impression that a) I had noticed and b) I actually cared.
    This is one of the advantages of living in a flat in London. One hardly know who the neighbours are, let alone who drives which car parked somewhere on the street outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is one of the advantages of living in a flat in London. One hardly know who the neighbours are, let alone who drives which car parked somewhere on the street outside.
    SW's point, I think, is that the wives always know.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    seen no departures, a superb freebie in Kolisinac and an averagely priced striker who actually looks like very good value for money at this stage.

No outgoings - though it's clear that at least Perez will be off in the next few days. I would expect the same to be true of Jenkinson, Campbell, Debuchy and Gibbs (though we'll likely have to swallow some of their combined £200k a week until their deals expire - they are all going to need to take pay cuts).

I feel as though we have been left behind by City, United and Chelsea a bit - with sums of money several times greater than us being spent.

However, there is still scope for improvement. Bring in a defender/Lemar and tie Alexis, Ozil and Ox down to new mega-money deals and I'll give Arsene an 8 for this window.
    Crap transfer window imo, the deadline day should be ignored and we should be ready to go for the start of the season. as usual we looked very shaky in our first game but some how to win.

We have a load of messy contract situations that are causing disruptions to the team.
    and a bunch of players we can't get rid of as nobody wants em.

and no matter what you think Rich. Sanchez will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Crap transfer window imo, the deadline day should be ignored and we should be ready to go for the start of the season. as usual we looked very shaky in our first game but some how to win.

We have a load of messy contract situations that are causing disruptions to the team.
    and a bunch of players we can't get rid of as nobody wants em.

and no matter what you think Rich. Sanchez will go.
    Yes, apparently, the Premier League is going to vote on whether to end its Summer transfer window before the season starts. Even if they decide to do that, it won't stop foreign clubs buying our players right up until the end of August, will it

Just under 2 weeks to Mayweather 49 and 1 #TeamConor

What happened to the £100 million war chest? If we sell Ox, which looks like we might do, the net outlay in the windown will be about £8 million pounds, and in fact we will probably be in the black as at least one more player will go.

Strange way to start a revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    What happened to the £100 million war chest? If we sell Ox, which looks like we might do, the net outlay in the windown will be about £8 million pounds, and in fact we will probably be in the black as at least one more player will go.

Strange way to start a revolution.
    There was never going to be a revolution Maurice, this is Wenger we are talking about after all.

The catalyst for change nonsense was PR spin at a difficult time for the club, now forgotten, moved on from. For now.

Some of us will never forget.

#Wenger out

There was never going to be a revolution Maurice, this is Wenger we are talking about after all.

The catalyst for change nonsense was PR spin at a difficult time for the club, now forgotten, moved on from. For now.

Some of us will never forget.

#Wenger out
    Of course. As soon as he signed the new deal we knew we were guaranteed at least two more years of exactly the same.

Personally, I think he was ****ing mad signing up. Given the strength around us in the Premier League, the refusal of his two star players to sign up again and the amount of turnover required in the squad the chances of achieving anything better than a distant 4th in the next two years are pretty slim. The chances of achieving less than that are potentially quite high.

I suppose it suggests he isn’t bothered about his own legacy and there is something admirable about that. Damn silly, all the same.