Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a fraction over 2 weeks until the transfer window slams shut. So far we have

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I feel bad for Jack but I just don't think that player he was is still in there. There was one spark a couple of years ago. He came on as a sub late in the season, after a long lay off, and looked sharp, with that little change of pace back in his game. Briefly I thought there was hope.

Would love to see him back and firing but it just isn’t going to happen.
    The 'player he was' was an occasional contributor who had one decent game in three and then got himself injured, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm going to demand some told-you-so points on Wilshere. I have been demanding he be offloaded somewhere further down the league where he'd be better suited for years.
    Its tricky because he was such a good player. Like Diaby, you always have the hope he will rediscover it.

I think Arsene gave up last season. We really could have used him here and he didn’t even see it as an option, or even insert a recall into the loan. Pretty clear thumbs down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Crap transfer window imo, the deadline day should be ignored and we should be ready to go for the start of the season. as usual we looked very shaky in our first game but some how to win.

We have a load of messy contract situations that are causing disruptions to the team.
    and a bunch of players we can't get rid of as nobody wants em.

and no matter what you think Rich. Sanchez will go.
    Yes, apparently, the Premier League is going to vote on whether to end its Summer transfer window before the season starts. Even if they decide to do that, it won't stop foreign clubs buying our players right up until the end of August, will it
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The 'player he was' was an occasional contributor who had one decent game in three and then got himself injured, though.
    Wilshere's different though, a rather exceptional case as he's the kind of central midfielder England simply doesn't produce. Now we know why, I guess
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

he did the odd fancy pass and stuck his tongue out and usually ended up on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its tricky because he was such a good player. Like Diaby, you always have the hope he will rediscover it.

I think Arsene gave up last season. We really could have used him here and he didn’t even see it as an option, or even insert a recall into the loan. Pretty clear thumbs down.
    I've always disliked him because he can't keep his tongue in his mouth. I feel that this prejudice has been vindicated.

he did the odd fancy pass and stuck his tongue out and usually ended up on the floor.
    A bit like your mum
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, everybody loves talking about money nowadays. Especially other people's money.

My neighbour appears to have bought a new Mercedes Benz in the last week, it was the first thing my wife said to me last evening apparently under the bizarre impression that a) I had noticed and b) I actually cared.

She then asked me how I thought he could afford it.

How the fúck would I know. Hadn't even got my fúcking jacket off.

Oh, you just don't like him because he's English.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, you just don't like him because he's English.
    Pat Vegas is Jorge?