Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a fraction over 2 weeks until the transfer window slams shut. So far we have

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yeah, but he was a kid then. Consistency comes with experience.

He has been pretty consistent in recent years

I don't really hate him. I think my biggest problem with him (apart from the tongue thing) was the depressing predictability of his career arc. Knowing he'd never realise his potential was fúcking depressing.

Mind you, if he'd been really successful, City would have bought him off us by now, so

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I wonder where Peter's Rover is these days? I assume it was scrapped due to being terrible?

What is he driving now? Probably one of those French jobs with rubber mats taped to the sides, I reckon.
    I was driving out of my local supermarket car park a few weeks back and the car in front was a Rover 75! Couldn't believe it. Immediately thought of Peter as well

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

My neighbour appears to have bought a new Mercedes Benz in the last week, it was the first thing my wife said to me last evening apparently under the bizarre impression that a) I had noticed and b) I actually cared.
    This is one of the advantages of living in a flat in London. One hardly know who the neighbours are, let alone who drives which car parked somewhere on the street outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ninth has taken a bit of a hammering too. And don't start me on the sixth.
    To be fair, the last two did always feel a bit like filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I was driving out of my local supermarket car park a few weeks back and the car in front was a Rover 75! Couldn't believe it. Immediately thought of Peter as well
    In Sweden? I imagine the owner makes the most use of it he can, since there's fúck all chance of the bloody thing starting in winter.

I don't really hate him. I think my biggest problem with him (apart from the tongue thing) was the depressing predictability of his career arc. Knowing he'd never realise his potential was fúcking depressing.

Mind you, if he'd been really successful, City would have bought him off us by now, so
    Of course, part of the idea was that he is one of our own, as they say, so no fear of him joining any other English club, especially a rival one.

I've always said that he's really only an English player by passport though; no need for us to even touch him if he were foreign, as there's more and better out there available to us.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is one of the advantages of living in a flat in London. One hardly know who the neighbours are, let alone who drives which car parked somewhere on the street outside.
    SW's point, I think, is that the wives always know.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Just under 2 weeks to Mayweather 49 and 1 #TeamConor

I wonder where Peter's Rover is these days? I assume it was scrapped due to being terrible?

What is he driving now? Probably one of those French jobs with rubber mats taped to the sides, I reckon.

It was scrapped for the princely sum of £150.

I now drive a Vauxhall Vectra that I bought two years ago for 500 quid. Its wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    It was a wonderful car to drive. So smooth, so comfortable. Sooooo ****ing slow and heavy but that became part of its charm.