Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a fraction over 2 weeks until the transfer window slams shut. So far we have

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

My neighbour appears to have bought a new Mercedes Benz in the last week, it was the first thing my wife said to me last evening apparently under the bizarre impression that a) I had noticed and b) I actually cared.

She then asked me how I thought he could afford it.

How the fúck would I know. Hadn't even got my fúcking jacket off.
    So basically your mrs is calling you a failure and questioning how the neighbour (she secretly fancies) can afford one, but the loser of the bloke she is with would struggle to aford Peter's old car
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Wilshere's different though, a rather exceptional case as he's the kind of central midfielder England simply doesn't produce. Now we know why, I guess
    I appreciate that, but that still made him a pale imitation of the type of player we could quite easily purchase from other countries. His being English never endeared him to me at all - quite the reverse, if anything, since he had a full set of all the negative English footballing traits of indiscipline, stupidity and a tendency to think 'putting your foot in' was a virtue even when it meant you kept getting crocked.

My neighbour appears to have bought a new Mercedes Benz in the last week, it was the first thing my wife said to me last evening apparently under the bizarre impression that a) I had noticed and b) I actually cared.

She then asked me how I thought he could afford it.

How the fúck would I know. Hadn't even got my fúcking jacket off.
    That's the world we live in, I'm afraid; mean-spirited, suspicious and covetous. It's almost as if everyone's completely forgotten the Tenth Commandment
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So basically your mrs is calling you a failure and questioning how the neighbour (she secretly fancies) can afford one, but the loser of the bloke she is with would struggle to aford Peter's old car
    Essentially I think so.

Apart from the bit about Peter's Rover. Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I appreciate that, but that still made him a pale imitation of the type of player we could quite easily purchase from other countries. His being English never endeared him to me at all - quite the reverse, if anything, since he had a full set of all the negative English footballing traits of indiscipline, stupidity and a tendency to think 'putting your foot in' was a virtue even when it meant you kept getting crocked.
    That's a Wenger issue; a British manager would've binned young Jackie Boy ages ago. Either that or he'd have refused to pick him until he had turned himself into a David Batty or a Billy Bremner. Maybe even a Dennis Wise.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

The 'player he was' was an occasional contributor who had one decent game in three and then got himself injured, though.
    Yeah, but he was a kid then. Consistency comes with experience.

He has been pretty consistent in recent years

Essentially I think so.

Apart from the bit about Peter's Rover. Good lord.
    I wonder where Peter's Rover is these days? I assume it was scrapped due to being terrible?

What is he driving now? Probably one of those French jobs with rubber mats taped to the sides, I reckon.

Pat Vegas is Jorge?
    Oh, it's a common trait, maybe not surprisingly.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's the world we live in, I'm afraid; mean-spirited, suspicious and covetous. It's almost as if everyone's completely forgotten the Tenth Commandment
    Ninth has taken a bit of a hammering too. And don't start me on the sixth.

I wonder where Peter's Rover is these days? I assume it was scrapped due to being terrible?

What is he driving now? Probably one of those French jobs with rubber mats taped to the sides, I reckon.
    I would imagine it is simply being driven by another gloved sexual predator.