Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: It's a fraction over 2 weeks until the transfer window slams shut. So far we have

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think it is quite a push to say that all the games are great to watch. I doubt many enjoying the Bayern games, or the game at Palace.

I am not saying one cant enjoy the games but we are largely denied the thrill of dreaming about the overall outcome. One can focus on precisely how we fail and succeed but these tend to be pretty predictable as well.

In other words, Wenger Out.
    Yes, it's the lack of justifiable hope that makes those of us who want Wenger to go, want Wenger to go.

Hope is a wonderful thing. I look forward to it's return.

In about two years.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Bayern Munich are great entertainment and Crystal Palace played really well on the day
    I thought we were supposed to be supporters for Christ's sake?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, it's the lack of justifiable hope that makes those of us who want Wenger to go, want Wenger to go.

Hope is a wonderful thing. I like forward to it's return.

In about two years.
    It would be dangerous to start assuming that he will leave at the end of this contract. It's best not to think about it.

It would be dangerous to start assuming that he will leave at the end of this contract. It's best not to think about it.
    Cheers, now that you've mentioned it there's no chance of me thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Cheers, now that you've mentioned it there's no chance of me thinking about it.
    Just being realistic. It needed saying

I thought we were supposed to be supporters for Christ's sake?
    That's right. Arsenal supporters. So whats the point of trying to be like Bayern, if one cannot appreciate .. well, Bayern?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's right. Arsenal supporters. So whats the point of trying to be like Bayern, if one cannot appreciate .. well, Bayern?
    Its more that Bayern want to be like us and are better at it than we are.

Or its neither of those things, or both. In any case, its still football and therefore good, even when it is bad.

Or something equally silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    1 small point, we have sold a keeper for £10m ... it also looks like we won't sell 3 of our assets and would rather they leave for nothing in 12 months, Ozil and Sanchex I can partly understand, I can't understand keeping Ox when he isn't a first team regular and turning down the alleged £35m makes no sense to me (unless we do expect him to sign a contract.... which i don't)
    You just can't be selling Ox to Chelsea. Looks very very bad, imo.

Its more that Bayern want to be like us and are better at it than we are.

Or its neither of those things, or both. In any case, its still football and therefore good, even when it is bad.

Or something equally silly.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    You just can't be selling Ox to Chelsea. Looks very very bad, imo.
    With respect, bóllocks.