Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a fraction over 2 weeks until the transfer window slams shut. So far we have

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It was scrapped for the princely sum of £150.

I now drive a Vauxhall Vectra that I bought two years ago for 500 quid. Its wonderful
    A Vectra? That's a car that makes my Passat look like a model of edgy, characterful driving.

I remember driving a ridiculously over-specced Vectra as a temporary company car years ago. It was very comfortable inside, but incredibly heavy and rather confusing to drive, since there was a five second delay between pressing the accelerator and anything actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A Vectra? That's a car that makes my Passat look like a model of edgy, characterful driving.

I remember driving a ridiculously over-specced Vectra as a temporary company car years ago. It was very comfortable inside, but incredibly heavy and rather confusing to drive, since there was a five second delay between pressing the accelerator and anything actually happening.
    I don't get heavy cars at all, unless you're intending to crash into things. Voomy engine, light car imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I don't get heavy cars at all, unless you're intending to crash into things. Voomy engine, light car imo.
    Since Sir C isn't here to mock me, I shall admit that I rather regret getting my Passat. It's immensely comfortable, roomy, reliable and well-built, but it is quite the most boring thing to drive on earth for the simple reason that it barely feels like I'm driving it at all. I honestly sometimes feel I could doze off and it would take over without the slightest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

This is pretty low spec and is actually not comfortable at all. Seat is as hard as rock.

But its drives perfectly, everything works, its quick enough for what I need and it has been completely reliable.

Cant argue with that for 500 quid.

This is pretty low spec and is actually not comfortable at all. Seat is as hard as rock.

But its drives perfectly, everything works, its quick enough for what I need and it has been completely reliable.

Cant argue with that for 500 quid.
    No, absolutely. I got this when I was in a job that required loads of motorway driving. Having acquired it, I almost immediately got a new job that requires very little. Ho-hum.

What happened to the £100 million war chest? If we sell Ox, which looks like we might do, the net outlay in the windown will be about £8 million pounds, and in fact we will probably be in the black as at least one more player will go.

Strange way to start a revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    What happened to the £100 million war chest? If we sell Ox, which looks like we might do, the net outlay in the windown will be about £8 million pounds, and in fact we will probably be in the black as at least one more player will go.

Strange way to start a revolution.
    There was never going to be a revolution Maurice, this is Wenger we are talking about after all.

The catalyst for change nonsense was PR spin at a difficult time for the club, now forgotten, moved on from. For now.

Some of us will never forget.

#Wenger out

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    There was never going to be a revolution Maurice, this is Wenger we are talking about after all.

The catalyst for change nonsense was PR spin at a difficult time for the club, now forgotten, moved on from. For now.

Some of us will never forget.

#Wenger out
    Of course. As soon as he signed the new deal we knew we were guaranteed at least two more years of exactly the same.

Personally, I think he was ****ing mad signing up. Given the strength around us in the Premier League, the refusal of his two star players to sign up again and the amount of turnover required in the squad the chances of achieving anything better than a distant 4th in the next two years are pretty slim. The chances of achieving less than that are potentially quite high.

I suppose it suggests he isn’t bothered about his own legacy and there is something admirable about that. Damn silly, all the same.

We will win away at Stoke and Liverpool, thus fostering belief in our title challenge. Wenger will appear on telly and, with a little smug smirk, say something enigmatic like, "Who wants to win the league, will need to finish above Arsenal."

Then we'll see what happens. As usual, we're not far short but we may be short unless we are lucky with injuries and players play as well as they can.

Of course. As soon as he signed the new deal we knew we were guaranteed at least two more years of exactly the same.

Personally, I think he was ****ing mad signing up. Given the strength around us in the Premier League, the refusal of his two star players to sign up again and the amount of turnover required in the squad the chances of achieving anything better than a distant 4th in the next two years are pretty slim. The chances of achieving less than that are potentially quite high.

I suppose it suggests he isn’t bothered about his own legacy and there is something admirable about that. Damn silly, all the same.
    It's all a bit defeatist, just the same though. Manchester City are favourites for the title, so I gather, and they've got John Stones marshalling their defence
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."