Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In what messed up world are we “negotiating” on £35m for Chamberlain.

In what messed up world are we “negotiating” on £35m for Chamberlain.

Jesus, get him a cab to West ordered before they change their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Tend to agree. He may turn out to be one of these chaps who thrives in another set-up, but I think that's a risk worth taking. I don't see him realising his potential with us, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Tend to agree. He may turn out to be one of these chaps who thrives in another set-up, but I think that's a risk worth taking. I don't see him realising his potential with us, I'm afraid.
    He only has 12 mths to realise it then he will bugger off for nothing... sell him and re-invest
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I make your right. He'll leave for free next year and unlike Alexis and Ozil it's not really worth keeping him around.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I make your right. He'll leave for free next year and unlike Alexis and Ozil it's not really worth keeping him around.
    Quite, though to elaborate on your point “unlike Alexis and Ozil” as professional footballers go AOC is just slightly above bang average.

One is patient however one can only wait so long for potential to being reality before one takes the player to the top floor of Highbury House and metaphorically ****s him out the window.

I am not normally a fan of his work but I did think my fellow Dubliner Arseblog did a half decent piece on this today.

Quite, though to elaborate on your point “unlike Alexis and Ozil” as professional footballers go AOC is just slightly above bang average.

One is patient however one can only wait so long for potential to being reality before one takes the player to the top floor of Highbury House and metaphorically ****s him out the window.

I am not normally a fan of his work but I did think my fellow Dubliner Arseblog did a half decent piece on this today.
    Take the money and buy a midfielder. It dawned on me on Friday that if Xhaka were to get injured we're completely ****ed. Our midfield options are awful once you get past Ramsey and Xhaka.

But the cab will drive through the traffic all quickly and look amazing then just as it gets to Fulham Road it will fly off to the left and end up in the river.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    But the cab will drive through the traffic all quickly and look amazing then just as it gets to Fulham Road it will fly off to the left and end up in the river.
    I see what you have done here

The alternative is that the cab may just stop and go back in the direction from whence it just came.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Take the money and buy a midfielder. It dawned on me on Friday that if Xhaka were to get injured we're completely ****ed. Our midfield options are awful once you get past Ramsey and Xhaka.
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment, other than the bit about Ramsey being any good, of course, Wenger buying a midfielder would require him to admit that he got it wrong about one or more of Coquelin, Elneny and Wilshere and that Cazorla will not play for us any time soon.

So no chance, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment, other than the bit about Ramsey being any good, of course, Wenger buying a midfielder would require him to admit that he got it wrong about one or more of Coquelin, Elneny and Wilshere and that Cazorla will not play for us any time soon.

So no chance, basically.
    Wilshere doesn't seem to be in his plans anymore and i think he realises Elneny and Coquelin are nothing more than squad fodder. If he doesn't buy one it would be more about wanting to give Ramsey playing time more than anything else. Wenger is more of a "what if he doesn't get injured" type of thinker than a "what if he gets injured".