Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In what messed up world are we “negotiating” on £35m for Chamberlain.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment, other than the bit about Ramsey being any good, of course, Wenger buying a midfielder would require him to admit that he got it wrong about one or more of Coquelin, Elneny and Wilshere and that Cazorla will not play for us any time soon.

So no chance, basically.
    Well since we accepted an offer for Elneny I would suggest he would be happy to let him leave... JW wanted out last season and looks likely to leave within 12 months, so we do need to buy a midfield player as AW obviously doesn't rate all of them that highly
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment, other than the bit about Ramsey being any good, of course, Wenger buying a midfielder would require him to admit that he got it wrong about one or more of Coquelin, Elneny and Wilshere and that Cazorla will not play for us any time soon.

So no chance, basically.
    I must say your stoic hatred of Ramsey affords me great amusement when he pops up and does something like he did on Friday evening, the touch and finish which surely even you have to applaud (though it should not be overlooked that the real piece of utter class in that goal was the Albanian pass).

It is not normal I admit but about the second thing that came into my mind was the image of you stewing in Surrey, perhaps even allowing a swear word to pass your lips.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I must say your stoic hatred of Ramsey affords me great amusement when he pops up and does something like he did on Friday evening, the touch and finish which surely even you have to applaud (though it should not be overlooked that the real piece of utter class in that goal was the Albanian pass).

It is not normal I admit but about the second thing that came into my mind was the image of you stewing in Surrey, perhaps even allowing a swear word to pass your lips.
    Do you know, I thought the same?

I think WES's hatred for Ramsey makes mine for Gunnersaurus look positively rational.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-15-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do you know, I thought the same?

I think WES's hatred for Ramsey makes mine for Gunnersaurus look positively rational.
    Yes, I'm afraid even I have to accept the irrational side of my hatred for that appalling Welsh c*nt.

Glad to see both of you thinking of me during an Arsenal match, of course. I'm humbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Wilshere doesn't seem to be in his plans anymore and i think he realises Elneny and Coquelin are nothing more than squad fodder. If he doesn't buy one it would be more about wanting to give Ramsey playing time more than anything else. Wenger is more of a "what if he doesn't get injured" type of thinker than a "what if he gets injured".
    If that is true the fact that have played our first match without selling and replacing any of them strikes me as very odd, even by Wenger's transfer strategy standards.

Agree with the 'what if he doesn't get injured' view. It's all about not killing the players he has put so much faith in but routinely let him down.

Elneny is going nowhere so sell Oxlade and you get Elneny. If Wenger didn't **** Ox around he'd stay and could become an awesome wing-back on the right.

The idea he is going to end up in central midfield is faintly ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Elneny is going nowhere so sell Oxlade and you get Elneny. If Wenger didn't **** Ox around he'd stay and could become an awesome wing-back on the right.

The idea he is going to end up in central midfield is faintly ludicrous.
    If Siggurdson and Barkley are £50million+ players then Ox is at least at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    If Siggurdson and Barkley are £50million+ players then Ox is at least at that level.
    He has a year on his contract...... Barkley will not go for £50m
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

He's a keeper for me...still got bags of improvement left in him. £35m even with 1 year left underestimates him...added versatility too.

More chance of him re signing too.

If City upped their Alexis bid to £70m then I'd sell but would rather deal with PSG for Draxler

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well since we accepted an offer for Elneny I would suggest he would be happy to let him leave... JW wanted out last season and looks likely to leave within 12 months, so we do need to buy a midfield player as AW obviously doesn't rate all of them that highly
    Arsenal accepted an offer for Elneny??