Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I actually watched most of the game on Friday and I have to say it was tremendous fun

I actually watched most of the game on Friday and I have to say it was tremendous fun

I haven't enjoyed watching a football match that much in years.

Quite how we emerged from the game with a win I don't know, given that the last time I saw an Arsenal defence that ramshackle, United put 8 goals past it.

So, all in all, well done everyone.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-14-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Quite how we emerged from the game with a win given that the last time I saw an Arsenal defence that ramshackle, United put 8 goals past it, I don't know. So, all in all, well done everyone.
    Lacazette looked very good

Quite how we emerged from the game with a win given that the last time I saw an Arsenal defence that ramshackle, United put 8 goals past it, I don't know. So, all in all, well done everyone.
    I saw the goals. The three we conceded were pretty funny, the second one arguably the best.

Of course I understand why we are getting stick for it but I think if you removed the first four picks at centre back from most squads they would struggle defensively. The weird thing is how we have managed to start a season without centre backs, again. It seems to be becoming an obsession.

I don’t even know why they aren’t available. Are they all injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Lacazette looked very good
    When is Lemar coming, BGM? We won't have to watch Welbeck so often then. And Vigil Van Dyk?

Thought Ramsey improved us a great deal when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Mertesacker & Gabriel injured, Koscielny banned, Mustafi a leetle bit short of match practice...Chambers shít.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fůckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I saw the goals. The three we conceded were pretty funny, the second one arguably the best.

Of course I understand why we are getting stick for it but I think if you removed the first four picks at centre back from most squads they would struggle defensively. The weird thing is how we have managed to start a season without centre backs, again. It seems to be becoming an obsession.

Kos is suspended, Mertesacker and Gabriel were injured, Mustafi isn't fit enought to start at the minute and it seems like Chambers is no longer wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Mertesacker & Gabriel injured, Koscielny banned, Mustafi a leetle bit short of match practice...Chambers shít.
    I had a vague recollection that Kos was banned but cant remember why, or for how long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    When is Lemar coming, BGM? We won't have to watch Welbeck so often then. And Vigil Van Dyk?

Thought Ramsey improved us a great deal when he came on.
    I thought the general consensus was that Danny had rather a good game?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Kos is suspended, Mertesacker and Gabriel were injured, Mustafi isn't fit enought to start at the minute and it seems like Chambers is no longer wanted.
    Sorry, but how is a professional footballer allowed to come back from the summer break less than fully match fit?

Sorry, but how is a professional footballer allowed to come back from the summer break less than fully match fit?
    He was given some extra time off because he was playing for Germany in some tinpot international competition.