Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I actually watched most of the game on Friday and I have to say it was tremendous fun

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Lacazette looked very good
    He did, didn't he. That little dribble and shot in the box were extremely exciting.

That said, we're going to have to keep Giroud around. He's too useful not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I thought the general consensus was that Danny had rather a good game?
    Well maybe, but he isn't French, 21 and didn't cost £60million. Therefore he is less exciting.

He also is one of the most hopeless finishers I've ever seen. Seems a decent bloke, though. Wd DW.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sorry, but how is a professional footballer allowed to come back from the summer break less than fully match fit?
    I would suggest that all footballers come back from the break less than fully fit, that is why they have a pre season
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    He was given some extra time off because he was playing for Germany in some tinpot international competition.
    Hmph. And what of Mertesacker? Is his 'injury' just that little gash he received the other day? Surely that's no reason to miss a game? Terry Butcher lost about 4 pints of blood and kept playing.

He was given some extra time off because he was playing for Germany in some tinpot international competition.
    He always does this. Gives them extra time off and leaves us short at the start of the season.

Maybe its worth it, I don't know. ****ing annoying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hmph. And what of Mertesacker? Is his 'injury' just that little gash he received the other day? Surely that's no reason to miss a game? Terry Butcher lost about 4 pints of blood and kept playing.
    Health and safety, b.

I thought the general consensus was that Danny had rather a good game?
    I love him. the ball is either glued to his feet or bumbles it way through.

He always does this. Gives them extra time off and leaves us short at the start of the season.

He also had a baby... Don't know whether he was given some more time off for that or not.

Quite. If it's a choice between Mustafi feeling a bit tight and us not having a functional back line, surely the former is preferable?

He also had a baby... Don't know whether he was given some more time off for that or not.
    Well if he'd had a baby, that would be fair enough. However, if it's just his wife having a baby, that's another matter entirely.