Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Forget all the other threads I have an important question.

Forget all the other threads I have an important question.

where do lifts go when they are not being used?

I am going to go stand in one and not press any buttons and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Interesting question p..... you will likely be in a lift to nowhere... or until someone presses a button and you can jump out and shout BOOO
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

That may depend on the lift. The one just replaced in my block used to go to the LG, I think. The new one has taken several months to install and I suspect they'll never finish it. I expect there are smartLifts (TM) which can see dimly into the future and then go to the floor where they will be required.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That may depend on the lift. The one just replaced in my block used to go to the LG, I think. The new one has taken several months to install and I suspect they'll never finish it. I expect there are smartLifts (TM) which can see dimly into the future and then go to the floor where they will be required.
    why are they called lifts/elevators when they are designed to take you both up and down?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    why are they called lifts/elevators when they are designed to take you both up and down?
    It's all about being positive Peter.

Sadly Escalators don't tend to make things more serious though

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I imagine the company selling them as drops/depressers might face a bit of a marketing challenge.

Anyway, there's no excuse for taking a lift down unless it's a very tall building.

They're programmed to return to the ground floor after a period of inactivity o: