Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: June 2015: Parliament votes for EU referendum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No, it is a politician's answer designed to do nothing but avoid the question.

It is not a question of precise extrication, it is a question of fundamentals- the single market, freedom of movement, trade agreements. And I did point out, before the referendum, that it was a little unfair that leavers were being asked to take a leap in the dark- a tiny bit of detail would have made for a more balanced debate. In the end it didn’t matter and people took the gamble anyway.

Either way…. You can make all the excuses you like. The fact is that the statement Brexit means Brexit says precisely nothing and is precisely designed to do so. It is an answer to a question that wants to know what Brexit means- at this stage, the government still don’t really have a clue. So how can it possibly mean anything?
    Thank you, Peter. I started to provide pretty much that explanation to dear Monty and then figured it was a waste of my time.

Nice to see you aren't that busy.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Thank you, Peter. I started to provide pretty much that explanation to dear Monty and then figured it was a waste of my time.

Nice to see you aren't that busy.
    Wonderful goal from the lad Ramsey on Friday. Always liked him

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Wonderful goal from the lad Ramsey on Friday. Always liked him

Shocking defending, ball from Xhaka was in the air for ages and still no one cut it out. Nice finish all the same. Now if only he could learn how to play in midfield.