Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: June 2015: Parliament votes for EU referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The question wasn't stupid, and it was clear. Leave means leave.

God, I'm bored of repeating this.
    Seems remarkably simple. I wonder what those armies of negotiators for both sides are talking about and why people think it will take years?

Someone should tell them to just leave because that's what people voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That is your opinion. though it sounds to me as if you are saying "Nah nah I'm not listening!"
    Of course it's my opinion. I'm more than happy to be proved wrong. It is our future FFS. It is clear that we are going to leave so how can we make it a success. I've seen nothing to suggest that it will be for the foreseeable future.

If you have something to suggest, please do enlighten rather than just coming up with a nonsensical response?
    Last edited by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez; 08-11-2017 at 06:28 PM.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Should be forced to repeat it until it make some sense though, which it will never do. It doesn't - or does only as much as frankfurter means frankfurter. It is an absolutely ludicrous position to hold - leave should have meant something, people should have been given more to vote on than just a rejection of an idea. People essentially voted for a vacuum at the heart of our government and yet you still nonchalantly dismiss people who say this might have been bad idea as "Project Fear" - another utterly stupid concept. Anyway - enjoy the match, a. Chat Monday
    Means as much as 'brexit means brexit'

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Means as much as 'brexit means brexit'
    "Brexit means Brexit" means exactly what every single key player in the leave campaign (not to mention Cameron, Osborne and many others on the remain side) stated it meant pre-referendum and what they continue to state it means today

The precise way in which we extricate ourselves from the EU institutions that we must leave for Brexit to mean Brexit was not on the ballot paper and neither you nor anyone else would seriously suggest it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    "Brexit means Brexit" means exactly what every single key player in the leave campaign (not to mention Cameron, Osborne and many others on the remain side) stated it meant pre-referendum and what they continue to state it means today

The precise way in which we extricate ourselves from the EU institutions that we must leave for Brexit to mean Brexit was not on the ballot paper and neither you nor anyone else would seriously suggest it should have been.
    No, it is a politician's answer designed to do nothing but avoid the question.

It is not a question of precise extrication, it is a question of fundamentals- the single market, freedom of movement, trade agreements. And I did point out, before the referendum, that it was a little unfair that leavers were being asked to take a leap in the dark- a tiny bit of detail would have made for a more balanced debate. In the end it didn’t matter and people took the gamble anyway.

Either way…. You can make all the excuses you like. The fact is that the statement Brexit means Brexit says precisely nothing and is precisely designed to do so. It is an answer to a question that wants to know what Brexit means- at this stage, the government still don’t really have a clue. So how can it possibly mean anything?

It is not a question of precise extrication, it is a question of fundamentals- the single market, freedom of movement, trade agreements. And I did point out, before the referendum, that it was a little unfair that leavers were being asked to take a leap in the dark- a tiny bit of detail would have made for a more balanced debate. In the end it didn’t matter and people took the gamble anyway.

Either way…. You can make all the excuses you like. The fact is that the statement Brexit means Brexit says precisely nothing and is precisely designed to do so. It is an answer to a question that wants to know what Brexit means- at this stage, the government still don’t really have a clue. So how can it possibly mean anything?
    Thank you, Peter. I started to provide pretty much that explanation to dear Monty and then figured it was a waste of my time.

Nice to see you aren't that busy.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Thank you, Peter. I started to provide pretty much that explanation to dear Monty and then figured it was a waste of my time.

Nice to see you aren't that busy.
    Wonderful goal from the lad Ramsey on Friday. Always liked him

Brexit means and always meant leaving the single market, customs union and ECJ and ending freedom of movement. And, of course, negotiating the best trade deal possible with the EU.

What more did you want?

Wonderful goal from the lad Ramsey on Friday. Always liked him

Shocking defending, ball from Xhaka was in the air for ages and still no one cut it out. Nice finish all the same. Now if only he could learn how to play in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Brexit means and always meant leaving the single market, customs union and ECJ and ending freedom of movement. And, of course, negotiating the best trade deal possible with the EU.

What more did you want?
    Right, yet whenever asked that, specifically, she says 'Brexit means Brexit'. What does that tell you?

Politicians will always give you a straight answer if they can because they know full well they are hardly ever able to do so. Whenever they avoid answering there is a reason.