Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Wowser, Sarah Champions has just become the first mainstream British politician

Wowser, Sarah Champions has just become the first mainstream British politician

to reference Islam in relation to the pandemic of child sex grooming across the UK.

Unfortunately, the reference was to Islamophobia

To be fair, she got closer to identifying the problem than anyone so far and has acknowledged that fear of being branded racist has prevented people from coming forward.

“On the news last night there was a picture of 18 men convicted and there was no comment that 17 of those were clearly Asian men. It just pains me that this is going on time and time and time again and the Government aren’t researching what is going on.

“We have got now, hundreds of Pakistani men who have been convicted of this crime, why are we not commissioning research to see what is going on and how we need to change what is going on."

Asked whether she herself would be attacked for her comments, Ms Champion replied: “Absolutely. The far-right will attack me for not doing enough and the floppy left will have a go at me for being a racist. But this isn’t racist, this is child protection. We need to be grown up about it and deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    to reference Islam in relation to the pandemic of child sex grooming across the UK.

Unfortunately, the reference was to Islamophobia

To be fair, she got closer to identifying the problem than anyone so far and has acknowledged that fear of being branded racist has prevented people from coming forward.

“On the news last night there was a picture of 18 men convicted and there was no comment that 17 of those were clearly Asian men. It just pains me that this is going on time and time and time again and the Government aren’t researching what is going on.

“We have got now, hundreds of Pakistani men who have been convicted of this crime, why are we not commissioning research to see what is going on and how we need to change what is going on."

Asked whether she herself would be attacked for her comments, Ms Champion replied: “Absolutely. The far-right will attack me for not doing enough and the floppy left will have a go at me for being a racist. But this isn’t racist, this is child protection. We need to be grown up about it and deal with it.
    Blimey. Good on her. Gradually...very, very gradually...the unsayable is becoming sayable.

Mind you, quite how a crime that involves the targeting of one race by another based on racial difference and where perpetrators repeatedly denigrate the victims because of their race isn't designated a crime of racial hatred I can't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Blimey. Good on her. Gradually...very, very gradually...the unsayable is becoming sayable.

Mind you, quite how a crime that involves the targeting of one race by another based on racial difference and where perpetrators repeatedly denigrate the victims because of their race isn't designated a crime of racial hatred I can't work out.
    Indeed, especially as one of the testimonies of a witness in court during this Newcastle case stated that they had heard one of the accused saying in public how white girls are "trash" and only good for being "fúcked by men like me".