Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not to sound ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    To be fair, none of us know quite how mad Trump is.
    It's not really germane because the term is meaningless and entirely subjective. We can only judge by the actions of the individuals and, since the Donald has never had people torn apart by dogs, blown apart by heavy calibre machine guns, publicly murdered any of his relatives, tortured, starved or brutalised his population, I'm going to take his side against the guy who's done all those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    All you need to know is that North Korea is a belligerent rogue state that has repeatedly and explicitly threatened its neighbours and US territory with nuclear attack, but everything is still Donald Trump's fault for trying to actually do something about it.
    It's all just posturing from Kim though, isn't it? Designed purely to impress his people and make him seem powerful. The Don knows that the Kim dynasty isn't suicidal and launching an attack on Guam or indeed any other US ally would result in the country being blown to kingdom-come and therefore the end of said dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It's all just posturing from Kim though, isn't it? Designed purely to impress his people and make him seem powerful. The Don knows that the Kim dynasty isn't suicidal and launching an attack on Guam or indeed any other US ally would result in the country being blown to kingdom-come and therefore the end of said dynasty.
    Does this mean later on there will be Korean version Allans attacking us?

It's not really germane because the term is meaningless and entirely subjective. We can only judge by the actions of the individuals and, since the Donald has never had people torn apart by dogs, blown apart by heavy calibre machine guns, publicly murdered any of his relatives, tortured, starved or brutalised his population, I'm going to take his side against the guy who's done all those things.
    Of course, but the bar for judging Trump's madness should be higher than it is Kim's and should be considered relative to the fundamental requirements for being President of America. The simple fact is that we can't rule out the possibility that Trump is sufficiently psychologically unhinged that he could lead us into a nuclear confrontation with NK for reasons more about his own psychological comfort than bumbling politics. That is a mad situation, at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    we finished 5th last season and I actually think we are weaker as a team.
    this is assuming that Sanchez will not stay.

Lacazette will be good but he won't get as many goals as Sanchez did. I think we bought him just to fill the gap of Sanchez's goals.

However I do expect Xhaka to be brilliant this season and the other new fella will be good. We may re enter the top 4 but will be more of the same I reckon.
    How can you seriously be unhappy with top 4? We obviously won't compete with City or United because they can spend vastly more money than us. We need to be happy with the best we can realistically achieve.

Also, Sanchez won't leave. Wenger has been very clear on this on multiple occasions. Think how silly he'd look if he let him go after saying 4/5 times that he will definitely, without a doubt be an Arsenal player this season.

We may re enter the top 4 but will be more of the same I reckon.
    agree. plus ça change and all that
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Does this mean later on there will be Korean version Allans attacking us?
    I doubt it considering that very few of them have set up colonies in other lands. All the ones that are locked in there will be deaded.

Who knows? How long can such a regime be allowed to destabilise the region and threaten key US interests? There is no doubt he's building a nuclear weapons programme and wants ICBMs. At what point does the US act? Before he's achieved that or after?

How can you seriously be unhappy with top 4? We obviously won't compete with City or United because they can spend vastly more money than us. We need to be happy with the best we can realistically achieve.

Also, Sanchez won't leave. Wenger has been very clear on this on multiple occasions. Think how silly he'd look if he let him go after saying 4/5 times that he will definitely, without a doubt be an Arsenal player this season.
    Come on Rich. Wenger has made this strong 'he will stay' stance in order to fish for a big offer. also makes the fans thing he is staying.

Now the season has started he is mysteriously injured.

Plus 'competing' spending money with other clubs is a myth that Arsenal fans like to use. We don't need to spend that money. We've been a better team than united for a few years and they have spent **** loads.

We are good squad with a few additions we'd be right up there. Leicester City won the league how did they compete?

tottenham don't spend huge but they are doing well too.

he will be sold at the deadline and not enough time to replace him.

Who knows? How long can such a regime be allowed to destabilise the region and threaten key US interests? There is no doubt he's building a nuclear weapons programme and wants ICBMs. At what point does the US act? Before he's achieved that or after?
    Well my opinion is that he wants a nuclear arsenal to protect his dynasty from being overthrown in the same way that Gadaafi was. I assume that Kim is actually a very intelligent man and even if he believes his own bravado, will know that the use of a nuclear/conventional weapon on South Korea/Japan/US territory would result in the entire world (including maybe even China) deciding that he needed to be removed ASAP. This is not a battle that he would want.