Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You do all realise that Glen was a blistering axeman?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I've always wanted to try a 12 string but wouldn't use it much.

more strings are not always better though. like those silly 7 string and above guitars that those metal types use.
    You do realise a 12 string is logically really a 6 string ?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Quite b. And bassists aren't really musicians because they can only handle 4 strings FACT!
    They not only provide the interface between melody and rhythm, they invariably have to manage the insane and obnoxious egos of the band to glue the whole thing together. And it's not which notes you play and how many strings there are, it's when you play them. Most guitarists are ****ing shít rhythmically.

Also it has been scientifically proven that the bass is the driving pulse of rock music that make people like it. So ner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    They not only provide the interface between melody and rhythm, they invariably have to manage the insane and obnoxious egos of the band to glue the whole thing together. And it's not which notes you play and how many strings there are, it's when you play them. Most guitarists are ****ing shít rhythmically.

Also it has been scientifically proven that the bass is the driving pulse of rock music that make people like it. So ner.
    We both know all of this Ash. I'm just joshing this old Tory who, I suspect, couldn't play a jew's harp or, come to that, the "comb on a piece of paper."

You do realise a 12 string is logically really a 6 string ?
    Well yes but I wonder how those extra strings feel. I like the chimey tone.

Maybe I'll buy a danelectro one for cheap one day when I have nothing else to do.

ffs, a! I thought you were never going to bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Well yes but I wonder how those extra strings feel. I like the chimey tone.

Maybe I'll buy a danelectro one for cheap one day when I have nothing else to do.
    Problem I always had with a 12 string was how all the 6 doubles 'feel' the same and the discernible gap between the strings is, well, far less discernible. Just go and try won Fash. You'll know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    ffs, a! I thought you were never going to bite.
    I was getting quite upset refreshing all the time. He's been far too nice as well

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I was getting quite upset refreshing all the time. He's been far too nice as well

And drummers are plumbers too lazy to do real work
    What do you call people who like to hang around with musicians?

Drummers.

Badum tish.