Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel like a real man now.

Any man that does DIY needs to take a good hard look at himself.

DIY is sh*t and no sane man should enjoy it. Not to mention the trade you are denying to people who have dedicated themselves to these professions. Basically, if you do DIY you are a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, yeah. I've long since embraced my elderliness, though.
    Can countdown begin on your posts about your aching knees, swollen prostate, nightly toilet stops and frequent visits to your GP?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Any man that does DIY needs to take a good hard look at himself.

DIY is sh*t and no sane man should enjoy it. Not to mention the trade you are denying to people who have dedicated themselves to these professions. Basically, if you do DIY you are a communist.
    Don't make me agree with you, WES.

I wouldn't have put it quite so strongly, though.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Basically, if you do DIY you are a communist.
    Well it depends on the size of the project, innit

I'd happily put a shelf up myself, but say, the guttering needs sorting out (this rain has shown it up for how good it is), this will require an oik and a ladder to relieve me of a fair few ££££££££££££s
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Don't make me agree with you, WES.

I wouldn't have put it quite so strongly, though.
    He is on form today - I'd agree with his point here too. Mainly because, any attempt I have made to DIY has ended in under disaster - ever the most basic thing

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Well it depends on the size of the project, innit

I'd happily put a shelf up myself, but say, the guttering needs sorting out (this rain has shown it up for how good it is), this will require an oik and a ladder to relieve me of a fair few ££££££££££££s
    I work with someone who recently took two weeks holiday during which he removed and then replaced his entire kitchen. Cupboards, plumbing, wiring, painting, the lot.

Sick, deviant f*cker of the highest order and no mistake.