Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Google memo fella gone :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It really is getting to the stage where I'm starting to wonder if the worst thing we ever did with these idiots was to simply laugh at them. It's really getting very depressing.
    On the plus side, someone else has pointed out that this is how Trump wins another 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    On the plus side, someone else has pointed out that this is how Trump wins another 4 years.
    On a related note, did you listen to the fairly recent Sam podcast with Charles Murray, the author of The Bell Curve? if not, I'd strongly recommend that you seek it out.

On a related note, did you listen to the fairly recent Sam podcast with Charles Murray, the author of The Bell Curve? if not, I'd strongly recommend that you seek it out.
    I didn't. I'm a fairly recent convert. I shall look it up.

But it's becoming clear that that doesn't really help. The cycle of action and reaction is just ending up reinforcing everyone's positions. Thus, otherwise sane 'progressives' are now going along with the lunatic fringe for fear of being seen to be on the same side as Trump.

It's getting me down, m.

But it's becoming clear that that doesn't really help. The cycle of action and reaction is just ending up reinforcing everyone's positions. Thus, otherwise sane 'progressives' are now going along with the lunatic fringe for fear of being seen to be on the same side as Trump.

It's getting me down, m.
    There is one very obvious reason for this. You are getting old.

This is how your parents felt about bum bandits. The world hasn't gone mad- you have just reached an age where the generation beneath you are starting to shape the cultural/political/moral debate and it seems like *******s to you.

THis is why people get more right wing (socially conservative) when they get older.

I blame my parents for inventing youth culture

It's getting me down, m.
    But if the situation is intractable, we may as well have some fun along the way. And who better for that than Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

This is how your parents felt about bum bandits. The world hasn't gone mad- you have just reached an age where the generation beneath you are starting to shape the cultural/political/moral debate and it seems like *******s to you.

THis is why people get more right wing (socially conservative) when they get older.

The objection to bum-bandits was never about individuals. It was about the promotion of homosexuality and how this may erode values that are important to the preservation of our civilisation - specifically those relating to the family unit.

Ultimately, this sentiment proved incompatible with our over-arching commitment to personal freedom, but the comparison with the kind of shít going on in the modern world simply doesn't stack up.

Are you saying B's parents thought he was a bum bandit
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

No, this is more fundamental, I think. We've moved from questions of rights and freedoms to a point where telling the truth has become a fundamentally risky proposition. Society is now organised in such a way as to protect and promulgate outright anti-scientific lies, stifling freedom of expression along the way. That's bloody worrying.

The objection to bum-bandits was never about individuals. It was about the promotion of homosexuality and how this may erode values that are important to the preservation of our civilisation - specifically those relating to the family unit.

Ultimately, this sentiment proved incompatible with our over-arching commitment to personal freedom, but the comparison with the kind of shít going on in the modern world simply doesn't stack up.
    That means then that the people responsible for upholding those "values" dropped the ball, so to speak. In fact, they are to blame, not us or our kids.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."