Thread: Jury service is ****.

Jury service is ****.

On the other hand, trams are ace fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You've been to Croydon?

When their operators (I'm loathe to call them drivers) don't fall asleep.

Can you disclose any information on the case you're hearing? I want to get called but am concerned that an arrest in Cardiff many years ago will prevent this.

Yes. Particularly when the driver's having a kip whilst speeding, I understand.

Have you been able to send anyone to prison yet?

Also, I got injected in the eyeball on Friday, so your tales of woe are as nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Particularly when the driver's having a kip whilst speeding, I understand.

Have you been able to send anyone to prison yet?

Also, I got injected in the eyeball on Friday, so your tales of woe are as nothing.
    Sat around all day, called in about 3, rejected and defenestrated homewards. Back tomorrow to try again.

I am concerned to hear of your eye, brother. Was a bonus prescribed? A comfortable vomit is generally efficacious in these matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You've been to Croydon?
    Croydon Crown Court, no less. Train to Shortlands. Train to Beckenhma Junction. Tram to East Croydon. ''Tis a most wondrous thing.

Sat around all day, called in about 3, rejected and defenestrated homewards. Back tomorrow to try again.

I am concerned to hear of your eye, brother. Was a bonus prescribed? A comfortable vomit is generally efficacious in these matters.
    No such luck. Although, happily, I suspect the juice of the splendid coca leaf was applied, which rendered my eye quite insensible to the outrages being perpetrated upon it by the fat, Greek bird masquerading as a doctor.

I'm distressed to hear of you being rejected as insufficiently worthy to serve. How humiliating for you.

I suggest you go home, drink a huge amount this evening and appear 'dressed down' tomorrow, red of eye, foul of aspect, offensive to the nose and generally looking shabby and you'll be snapped up, as they'll assume you to be common and thus likely to acquit evildoers.

Croydon Crown Court, no less. Train to Shortlands. Train to Beckenhma Junction. Tram to East Croydon. ''Tis a most wondrous thing.
    hmmm Beckenham Junction you say? Shirley we're looking at a few beers in O'Neill's one afternoon before you get around to hanging the perp?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    hmmm Beckenham Junction you say? Shirley we're looking at a few beers in O'Neill's one afternoon before you get around to hanging the perp?
    Certainly. They say we are to be sent home at around 4, as a rule. The number 2 tram takes 20 Minutes to get to Beckenham. 20 Minutes only!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No such luck. Although, happily, I suspect the juice of the splendid coca leaf was applied, which rendered my eye quite insensible to the outrages being perpetrated upon it by the fat, Greek bird masquerading as a doctor.

I'm distressed to hear of you being rejected as insufficiently worthy to serve. How humiliating for you.

I suggest you go home, drink a huge amount this evening and appear 'dressed down' tomorrow, red of eye, foul of aspect, offensive to the nose and generally looking shabby and you'll be snapped up, as they'll assume you to be common and thus likely to acquit evildoers.
    I didn't fancy that trial anyway. It sounded ****ing boring. I'm hoping for a grisly murder tomorrow.

Are you sporting an eyepatch, like a sailor or that singing bint?