Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have managed to seriously offend somebody by asking them whether they need to be at

I have managed to seriously offend somebody by asking them whether they need to be at

a meeting.

I was being nice- I know full well they don't need to be there.

Bloody lezzas

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    a meeting.

I was being nice- I know full well they don't need to be there.

Bloody lezzas
    You can't say anything to women these days without being accused of mansplaining, p.

What they appear to mean by 'mansplaining' is 'being told why they're wrong'.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You can't say anything to women these days without being accused of mansplaining, p.

I discovered this to the case at the weekend. The topic was 'the correct way in which to negotiate a roundabout'.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I think the accusation is that I was downplaying their significance to the process (as I do with all women). Naturally I am hurt at such an accusation and now feel as though I am being attacked.

The two chaps who dressed up as the Williams' sisters got off. They had a photo of themselves with a black bloke who 'found it funny' . All a bit Father Ted.....

I think the accusation is that I was downplaying their significance to the process (as I do with all women). Naturally I am hurt at such an accusation and now feel as though I am being attacked.

The two chaps who dressed up as the Williams' sisters got off. They had a photo of themselves with a black bloke who 'found it funny' . All a bit Father Ted.....
    Meetings are funny, though. Most of us would crawl over broken glass to avoid them, but the minute someone feels they're being excluded from one, they lose their shît.

Excellent use of the black friend defence. We all need to keep an entourage of handy minority types around to get us out of the shït on these occasions.

Can someone get Amla out now, please? I'm getting a bit uncomfortable about this chase.

In all fairness you don't give the impression of being particularly keen on women overall. Obviously I'd hate to judge before all the facts are in but it might not be beyond the realms of possibility that some of your latent, erm, misogyny pops out to the surface now and again. I have never had the mansplaining word directed at me be any of my lady-on-lady-action colleagues when I am explaining how certain things work.

No offence, like. I wouldn't want you to have to relive your experience of being under attack all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I discovered this to the case at the weekend. The topic was 'the correct way in which to negotiate a roundabout'.
    What MASSIVELY fûcks me off about it is that it's treated by certain specimens of womankind as a surefire excuse to stop listening and carry on doing things completely fücking wrong. It is the most idiotic and childish idea, based as it is on the nonsensical notion that women are always right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    In all fairness you don't give the impression of being particularly keen on women overall. Obviously I'd hate to judge before all the facts are in but it might not be beyond the realms of possibility that some of your latent, erm, misogyny pops out to the surface now and again. I have never had the mansplaining word directed at me be any of my lady-on-lady-action colleagues when I am explaining how certain things work.

No offence, like. I wouldn't want you to have to relive your experience of being under attack all over again.
    I think p is a misanthrope rather than a misogynist. He's an equal-opportunity miserable cùnt.

Love you, p

Oh, and you probably don't get the mansplaining thing because you have an acknowledged area of expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Can someone get Amla out now, please? I'm getting a bit uncomfortable about this chase.
    Yes, they're really being rather tiresome about the whole thing, aren't they? Not really playing the game at all.

Mind you, if you saw what the ball was doing earlier, this knock by Amla is pretty bloody impressive.