Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I spent Friday evening in hospital in Stevenage having an injection in my eyeball

So I spent Friday evening in hospital in Stevenage having an injection in my eyeball

I'm prepared to bet none of you can beat that for sheer shítness.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm prepared to bet none of you can beat that for sheer shítness.
    What happened Burney? as nobody else is polite enough to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What happened Burney? as nobody else is polite enough to ask.
    Thank you, f. I suffered a fairly serious eye inflammation called uveitis, which I stupidly mistook for a bout of conjunctivitis. The injection was necessary because my cornea was stuck to my iris and my pupils couldn't dilate. Apparently, if left, it could have led to parmanent loss of vision.

Thank you, f. I suffered a fairly serious eye inflammation called uveitis, which I stupidly mistook for a bout of conjunctivitis. The injection was necessary because my cornea was stuck to my iris and my pupils couldn't dilate. Apparently, if left, it could have led to parmanent loss of vision.
    did you enjoy those local anaesthetic eye drops? that **** is amazing.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Thank you, f. I suffered a fairly serious eye inflammation called uveitis, which I stupidly mistook for a bout of conjunctivitis. The injection was necessary because my cornea was stuck to my iris and my pupil couldn't dilate. Apparently, if left, it could have led to parmanent loss of vision.
    Blimey. With one knacker and one eye, you'd have been a diversity recruitment officer's wet dream.

Are you in discomfort? What is your recovery plan?
    Last edited by Burney; 08-07-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    did you enjoy those local anaesthetic eye drops? that **** is amazing.
    They are brilliant. I'd quite like a permanent supply. I assume they're cocaine-based?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Blimey. With one knacker and one eye, you'd have been a diversity recruitment officer's wet dream.

Are you in discomfort? What is your recovery plan?
    Not in any discomfort now. It was agony Thursday and Friday, though. My eye was blood red and absolutely pďssing fluid, which prompted my wife to force me to go to the doctor.

I am taking two types of eye-drops, an ointment and have to go back to the hospital on Friday.

That sounds very unpleasant. I wish you a full and speedy recovery etc.

Not in any discomfort now. It was agony Thursday and Friday, though. My eye was blood red and absolutely pďssing fluid, which prompted my wife to force me to go to the doctor.

I am taking two types of eye-drops, an ointment and have to go back to the hospital on Friday.
    Ouch - hope it clears up

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That sounds very unpleasant. I wish you a full and speedy recovery etc.
    ty a. Suffice to say, I've had better Friday nights.