Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GoT-WIMB: On Euron's magic ship-replicating machine

GoT-WIMB: On Euron's magic ship-replicating machine

As was mentioned the other day, suspending disbelief to allow the existence of mythical creatures like dragons is one thing. Doing it to allow the new villain of the story to magic up 1,000 ships is another.

He would have needed 750,000 trees (139 Epping Forests) and 50,000 men in 1000 shipyards to deliver that many ships within a year-and-a-half. What he actually had was a small, windswept and sea-lashed island containing nothing but "rocks and birdshít".

People who don't like dragons or stories that include them need not comment in this thread.

http://mashable.com/2017/07/22/euron.../#2eNVnzCDfaqL

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    As was mentioned the other day, suspending disbelief to allow the existence of mythical creatures like dragons is one thing. Doing it to allow the new villain of the story to magic up 1,000 ships is another.

He would have needed 750,000 trees (139 Epping Forests) and 50,000 men in 1000 shipyards to deliver that many ships within a year-and-a-half. What he actually had was a small, windswept and sea-lashed island containing nothing but "rocks and birdshít".

People who don't like dragons or stories that include them need not comment in this thread.

Thanks a, that saves me the tedious and bothersome task of sitting down to watch it with my glw when she returns from two weeks away with work, as we had been looking forward to.

Well I have extremely high standards of plausibility and GOT was dead to me the

moment John Shnur was allowed to return from the dead. They did actually have dragons back then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Thanks a, that saves me the tedious and bothersome task of sitting down to watch it with my glw when she returns from two weeks away with work, as we had been looking forward to.
    Ash didn't physically force you open the body of the post you big baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He said he was going to do it in the last series, tbf. Though you are right, maybe I should have mentioned something about Game of Thrones, and Euron, and ships in the title. Soz.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    moment John Shnur was allowed to return from the dead. They did actually have dragons back then?
    But Beric Dondarrion was brought back loads of times by Thoros. Early on in the series, too.

He said he was going to do it in the last series, tbf. Though you are right, maybe I should have mentioned something about Game of Thrones, and Euron, and ships in the title. Soz.
    Don't worry, a. I didn't want this marriage to last anyway.

The thing is ludicrous, a. Euron is a disgrace of a character. They've always done a bit of cheating (Littlefinger's mysterious ability to appear in different bits of Westeros in a suspiciously short timeframe being a key example), but this level of shortcutting is really starting to irritate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The thing is ludicrous, a. Euron is a disgrace of a character. They've always done a bit of cheating (Littlefinger's mysterious ability to appear in different bits of Westeros in a suspiciously short timeframe being a key example), but this level of shortcutting is really starting to irritate me.
    Perhaps it's working out these little continuity details that's taking the beardy foodcùnt 10 years per book. HBO have no time for these sort of scruples.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There's a Euron/taking the piss joke in there somewhere