Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is LA about? What are the chances of Hoffenheim giving us all

Is LA about? What are the chances of Hoffenheim giving us all

a laugh and knocking out Liverpool?

If super Nicklas Bendtner is still there anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    If super Nicklas Bendtner is still there anything is possible.
    Given that he told us all that he was going to be the greatest footballer on Earth, he may well become the world's first £300million player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Given that he told us all that he was going to be the greatest footballer on Earth, he may well become the world's first £300million player.
    I really cannot understand why he was given stick for suggesting that he wanted to be the very best at his profession. Would you prefer a player who aspired to mediocrity?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I really cannot understand why he was given stick for suggesting that he wanted to be the very best at his profession. Would you prefer a player who aspired to mediocrity?
    A quote:

'If you ask me if I am one of the best strikers in the world, I say yes because I believe it. I think everything else in my game is right.'

A quote:

'If you ask me if I am one of the best strikers in the world, I say yes because I believe it. I think everything else in my game is right.'
    Professional footballer in believing in his own abilities shocker.

Professional footballer in believing in his own abilities shocker.
    He must have been completely and utterly miffed to be left on the bench/out of the squad on a continuous basis.

He must have been completely and utterly miffed to be left on the bench/out of the squad on a continuous basis.
    Yes, ideally he should have given up and told himself he was shít. That's definitely the best way for a professional athlete to motivate himself.

Similar to the "why on earth did Song sign for Barcelona?" argument.

What was he meant to do

"sorry Pep, are you sure you want to sign me, you know I'm not actually that good."

Yes, ideally he should have given up and told himself he was shít. That's definitely the best way for a professional athlete to motivate himself.
    There might be some middle ground between the scenario you posit and his scoring eleven out of ten in self-confidence assessments that he could have explored.

Overconfidence ---> Hubris