Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La Liga rejects Neymar/PSG attempt to buy out the contract.

La Liga rejects Neymar/PSG attempt to buy out the contract.

What the **** are they doing? It seems Barca have accepted he wants out but the league don't want him gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    What the **** are they doing? It seems Barca have accepted he wants out but the league don't want him gone?
    Hopefully, this is the start of the bubble bursting.

The record transfer fee has doubled.

Your common or garden PL footballer will now cost you £30m to £50m. Decent ones around £100m. Mourinho has already alluded to as much.

Ultimately the TV companies, or rather their subscribers, are paying for this. The well cannot be bottomless and will run dry sooner rather than later at this rate :fingerscrossed:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

La Liga have said that it's impossible for PSG to give Neymar the cash to buy out his contract without violating FFP.

I think we are headed towards a stage where most players leave for free at the end of their contracts. In which case, I would hope that Arsenal have had the foresight to plan for this new age.

Presumably the individual leagues have a duty to try and ensure transfer are above board, all such deals having to be registered with them to be official.

If the transfer is “illegal” in the sense of FFP then they are simply passing the query up to UEFA being custodians of that nonsense, not the domestic authority.

Barcelona have absolutely no choice in the matter, they set a release clause amount which has been met. It now gets very interesting, if the deal is ruled out hard to see Neymar going back. Popcorn time.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Presumably the individual leagues have a duty to try and ensure transfer are above board, all such deals having to be registered with them to be official.

If the transfer is “illegal” in the sense of FFP then they are simply passing the query up to UEFA being custodians of that nonsense, not the domestic authority.

Barcelona have absolutely no choice in the matter, they set a release clause amount which has been met. It now gets very interesting, if the deal is ruled out hard to see Neymar going back. Popcorn time.
    How is it illegal though? The only dodgy thing i can see would be if they did the whole Qatar giving him €220m scenario. Otherwise you can't really deem it to be breaking FFP rules when a clubs accounts are looked at over a period of time. PSG could sell 5 players in the next 4 weeks and get back half of the fee.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

As I believe you mentioned before, perhaps the fee could be lessened by the inclusion of a player such as Marco Veratti (who must be worth £100mill). It seems clear to me that he will leave and also that PSG will be banned from player transfers for a couple of years, unless they want to sell us Draxler (he won't get much game time now) to partly balance the books.

How is it illegal though? The only dodgy thing i can see would be if they did the whole Qatar giving him €220m scenario. Otherwise you can't really deem it to be breaking FFP rules when a clubs accounts are looked at over a period of time. PSG could sell 5 players in the next 4 weeks and get back half of the fee.
    Also, not really sure that La Liga are the administers of UEFA's FFP laws.

I have no idea how or if it is illegal, I have never really looked into the nuances of FFP as I have always believed it to be nonsense.

Clubs find ways around it, as you have said flog Verrati and Di Maria and you have over half the Neymar fee back though of course such an action would make little sense from a football perspective. There are others who may go like Aurier, Rabiot, Krycowiach but no idea how much that will get them.

I am not sure how Qatar paying him €200m in a seperate deal can be seen as dodgy if it is a seperate and legal transaction.

Convenient as fúck but legally perhaps okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    La Liga have said that it's impossible for PSG to give Neymar the cash to buy out his contract without violating FFP.

I think we are headed towards a stage where most players leave for free at the end of their contracts. In which case, I would hope that Arsenal have had the foresight to plan for this new age.
    Then shirley, the valuation in the 'Liberation Clause' is unreasonable and unenforceable

They can't have it both ways. Oh, hang on, they're Barcelona; they probably can.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Then shirley, the valuation in the 'Liberation Clause' is unreasonable and unenforceable

They can't have it both ways. Oh, hang on, they're Barcelona; they probably can.
    I think the crucial thing that Dick is missing is that it is not PSG giving Neymar the money. A minor issue but perhaps an important one.