Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The problem with opposing Kroenke's hunting thing is that one finds oneself on the

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nope. Who was he?
    I think he used his real name.

Also, didn't he dig you out on Twitter a while back, leading to me coming to your defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think he used his real name.

Also, didn't he dig you out on Twitter a while back, leading to me coming to your defense?
    Oh, yes. That was very sweet of you. You insulted his giant head, I believe. Meant to thank you for that.

Yes. The issue will simply be the elephant in the room* in any interview with him from here on in.

*Which Stan and his mates will shoot.
    One would expect the entire topic to me put strictly out of bounds by the Arsenal PR machine.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    One would expect the entire topic to me put strictly out of bounds by the Arsenal PR machine.
    Not sure that's going to be possible, though. Every reference to being shooting and hitting the target will now be loaded with significance.

Not sure that's going to be possible, though. Every reference to being shooting and hitting the target will now be loaded with significance.
    Only if you want it to be.

The reality is that the seething anger that is currently flowing over the footballing patrons of N5 will disappear about 16:00 hours on Sunday when football starts again.

People were angry when the Yank took over, indeed many threatened there and then to end all associations with the club, some even on here. Some may have done so and good luck to them, others just moved on and accepted the situation for what it is/was, perhaps harbouring a degree of annoyance.

Only if you want it to be.

The reality is that the seething anger that is currently flowing over the footballing patrons of N5 will disappear about 16:00 hours on Sunday when football starts again.

People were angry when the Yank took over, indeed many threatened there and then to end all associations with the club, some even on here. Some may have done so and good luck to them, others just moved on and accepted the situation for what it is/was, perhaps harbouring a degree of annoyance.
    I must admit I used to like it when we were run by a weird mixture of Old Etonians and local Jewish blokes. Losing that with Kroenke's takeover diminished the club somewhat in my affections. This is the first time that his tenure has really bothered me in any way, though.

Erm, I think it might be the case that the real seething anger actually starts when the football starts, rather than disappearing.

All the faux rage at Kronke is just displacement activity until the real source of fury recommences.

I must admit I used to like it when we were run by a weird mixture of Old Etonians and local Jewish blokes. Losing that with Kroenke's takeover diminished the club somewhat in my affections. This is the first time that his tenure has really bothered me in any way, though.
    I was appalled when Dein got involved with the board. What the hell were we doing? The fellow is little better than a barrow-boy

No standards, you see? All gone.

Scratch beneath the surface and you could probably find a reason to dislike every club owner in the PL.

I have been totally indifferent to his ownership up to now. I don’t like this development but as stated yesterday it won’t impact me in any way. I believe from various posts by other people here that the alternative ownership is not exactly golden either. I don’t bother myself with all this stuff as probably won’t come as a shock to you.

Anyway this will all pass I expect, people will still be angry but the ongoing circus around Sanchez will be a godsend to SK as we will remain front and centre in the back pages but for reasons other than animals being killed. We will move from one perceived drama to another, and then if we are really lucky 1-2 of our early matches will go títs up and we move to our almost annual football knicker fit def con one.

As a football club we really are tremendous value.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Erm, I think it might be the case that the real seething anger actually starts when the football starts, rather than disappearing.

All the faux rage at Kronke is just displacement activity until the real source of fury recommences.
    As per my reply to B just above