Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The problem with opposing Kroenke's hunting thing is that one finds oneself on the

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This is the first time that his tenure has really bothered me in any way, though.
    I do have a distinct recollection of you threatening to flounce off to 'go and support Palace again' around about the time of the "Don't need his sort" arrival of Mr Staniel.

I could be mistaken, of course.

I think the point which is being missed is that regardless of your views on hunting, this is a big opportunity to disentangle the club from Kronke who is a terrible owner in sporting terms. If it takes allying ourselves with Jezza, so be it. It it takes a little bit of hyprocrisy and hand-wringing, so be it.

The Arsenal is too important to be lost forever to this conehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I do have a distinct recollection of you threatening to flounce off to 'go and support Palace again' around about the time of the "Don't need his sort" arrival of Mr Staniel.

I could be mistaken, of course.
    Yes. I think to be honest, my interest in Arsenal was already in decline by then anyway and that rather put it in perspective. I'm not sure I've been to a game since he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I think the point which is being missed is that regardless of your views on hunting, this is a big opportunity to disentangle the club from Kronke who is a terrible owner in sporting terms. If it takes allying ourselves with Jezza, so be it. It it takes a little bit of hyprocrisy and hand-wringing, so be it.

The Arsenal is too important to be lost forever to this conehead.
    Talk me through your plan Maurice. Remember I am an experienced (though lapsed) Project Manager so any flaws will be spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It could be heartbreaking. If Arsene's passion for 'our values' doesn't extend far enough to express his revulsion at Kroenke, he is not the man I hoped he is, and I will be permanently scarred.
    I suspect that he'll tell us that his personal views do not count. He is there to manage the footballing element of the club. The Board run the business side of the club, and never the two shall meet.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Talk me through your plan Maurice. Remember I am an experienced (though lapsed) Project Manager so any flaws will be spotted.
    It's not "my" plan. But as I see it if there is a big reaction from the fans - protests at the stadium, angry letters and so forth - some of the sponsors (as has been hinted at by Emirates) might pull the plug on their deals. There may even be a campaign to boycott Arsenal games on tv channels, who knows? Lobbying and picketing outside home games by animal rights and other whackos.

If this hits the bottom line Stanley's interest begins to wane as he sees his "investment" plummeting in value. At that point the rapist white knight nobly offers to take the club off Kronke's hands who walks away with a tidy profit to the happy hunting grounds. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    As per my reply to B just above
    Let's just get on with it, shall we?

Wenger AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    It's not "my" plan. But as I see it if there is a big reaction from the fans - protests at the stadium, angry letters and so forth - some of the sponsors (as has been hinted at by Emirates) might pull the plug on their deals. There may even be a campaign to boycott Arsenal games on tv channels, who knows? Lobbying and picketing outside home games by animal rights and other whackos.

If this hits the bottom line Stanley's interest begins to wane as he sees his "investment" plummeting in value. At that point the rapist white knight nobly offers to take the club off Kronke's hands who walks away with a tidy profit to the happy hunting grounds. End of.
    Usmanov is not the only option, m. The club is still an incredibly attractive option and I wouldn't rule out an outside buyer coming in. I am sure Stan would certainly prefer that (or at least competition to push the price up)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Usmanov is not the only option, m. The club is still an incredibly attractive option and I wouldn't rule out an outside buyer coming in. I am sure Stan would certainly prefer that (or at least competition to push the price up)
    I'm less bothered by who comes in than by getting him out. He looks alarmingly like settling down, toad-like, over our club which could mean his dynasty is still there when we are all pushing up the daisies. He's had an easy ride, that's why this may be a unique opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I like your hopeful open mindedness
    10 characters? Pile of cund.