Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Neymar to PSG looks like it's happening then.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    £200m
    Is he actually that good? I mean, if he's worth £200m then Theo must be worth at least £100m.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is he actually that good? I mean, if he's worth £200m then Theo must be worth at least £100m.
    The whole football financial world is going to come crashing down when the TV deals go pop, with owners asset stripping clubs to get their money back.

At this point, Arsene will step forth with his healthy, black bank balance and Arsenal will dominate for decades to come

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I'll be very surprised if PSG get away with that, in fact I don't believe for a second they will. Rather, I expect they will simply pay the FFP fine and accept a transfer ban for a few windows with the belief that Neymar is worth it.
    No idea mate, all seems a complete madness to me. In theory it may come down to legal stuff and the two entities - the Qatar World Cup and the sponsorship of PSG between two seperate entities.

Will all become very intersting all the same as Barcelona then move for Mbappa or whoever, Sanchez even mooted, Ozil mooted. Could be nonsense created by mischievous British media of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No idea mate, all seems a complete madness to me. In theory it may come down to legal stuff and the two entities - the Qatar World Cup and the sponsorship of PSG between two seperate entities.

Will all become very intersting all the same as Barcelona then move for Mbappa or whoever, Sanchez even mooted, Ozil mooted. Could be nonsense created by mischievous British media of course.
    Sanchez and Ozil are staying. They will leave for free next year, the ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

The powers that be at places like Madrid will tell you that big transfers like Zidane and Neymar are far less costly than you might think because of the knock on impact on advertising, shirt sales, image rights etc.

It makes sense, although you'd never catch Arsenal falling into that trap, of course.

Mbappe seems to have decided he wants to leave on the same day Neymar leaves Barca. Perhaps he will be going there

His exit will also push Lemar closer to the exit door #WelcomeLemar
    I would have thought Mbappe leaving would make Lemar significantly less likely to happen. If we wanted him badly we should have gone in early on with a big offer and secured him before the market went mad and Monaco hadn't sold anyone. As City did with Silva.

But that's not really the Arsenal (Wenger) way, is it?

Sanchez and Ozil are staying. They will leave for free next year, the ****s.
    Word on the street is that City will let Aguero go to Arsenal in exchange for Sanchez. That has to be worth considering if we can shove Lacazette in one of the wide forward spots.

I think Ozil will sign a new deal worth a obscene amount of money.

I would have thought Mbappe leaving would make Lemar significantly less likely to happen. If we wanted him badly we should have gone in early on with a big offer and secured him before the market went mad and Monaco hadn't sold anyone. As City did with Silva.

We're going to end up with Mahrez and Wilfred Bony on deadline day, aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Word on the street is that City will let Aguero go to Arsenal in exchange for Sanchez. That has to be worth considering if we can shove Lacazette in one of the wide forward spots.

I think Ozil will sign a new deal worth a obscene amount of money.
    The first scenario won't be happening. Also, what is in it for Ozil to sign now? He's 4 months away from being able to talk to any club outside of England (although admittedly he'll probably be speaking to those too) and seeing how much they'll be willing to pay him on top of a signing on fee that would probably be €10-20m. It's in both his and Sanchez's interest to play out their contracts now and become very rich men.

Well no. I get your thinking, they'll not want to sell etc but Lemar is probably more likely to want to push for a move. All his mates have left and quadrupled their wages and everything good about the team will have gone (apart from Fabinho), why would he want to stay?

With Lemar it will come down to price, as with all their players. Monaco are reluctant sellers but willing if the price is right and the player wants out.