Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Of course, the statistics that would reveal whether or not this is down to

Of course, the statistics that would reveal whether or not this is down to

institutionalised racism would be those that tell us whether or not black people are disproportionately likely to respond to police questioning with belligerence and aggression.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...f-black-people

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    institutionalised racism would be those that tell us whether or not black people are disproportionately likely to respond to police questioning with belligerence and aggression.

Well I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that after centuries of oppression by whitey, black people are entitled to respond with belligerance and aggression.

In short, fúck you, cracker.

Might also be useful to see what percentage of those arrested in each ethnic group suffered use of force. It might turn out that police are actually less likely to use force against a black person; they are just more likely to nick them and therefore they account for more incidents. A very different issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Might also be useful to see what percentage of those arrested in each ethnic group suffered use of force. It might turn out that police are actually less likely to use force against a black person; they are just more likely to nick them and therefore they account for more incidents. A very different issue.
    I do love this idea that you should be allowed to dress like an aggressive prick, walk like an aggressive prick, talk like an aggressive prick and give every possible impression that you're an aggressive prick, and then expect people not to take this into account when interacting with you.

It's not perfect but I would have thought that the likelihood that you are forcefully restrained by police has a strong correlation with your propensity for committing violent crime. If blacks commit 36% of the violent crime I would expect them to be on the end of around 36% of the use of force by the police.

It's certainly a better piece of analysis than comparing it to the % of the population they represent.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    It's not perfect but I would have thought that the likelihood that you are forcefully restrained by police has a strong correlation with your propensity for committing violent crime. If blacks commit 36% of the violent crime I would expect them to be on the end of around 36% of the use of force by the police.

It's certainly a better piece of analysis than comparing it to the % of the population they represent.
    'People of colour' is the appropriate term, my old redneck chum.

I do love this idea that you should be allowed to dress like an aggressive prick, walk like an aggressive prick, talk like an aggressive prick and give every possible impression that you're an aggressive prick, and then expect people not to take this into account when interacting with you.
    I wouldn't say you were an aggressive prick.

More of a ****.

More of a ****.
    Of course. But you wouldn't necessarily know it from just looking at me, and therein lies the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

I would have thought it was more about resisting arrest. Surely they are trained to use force where necessary.

I also would expect a high number to involve drink.

More of a ****.
    Tell me again about the Labour party not being intrinsically anti-semitic?

What's that? You always pick on monty because Palestine? I see, that's fine then, clearly MONTY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POLICIES OF THE ISRAELI GIVERNMENT!

This is a farce.