Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I can't have been the only one to think the latest GoT was a bit meh, can I?

So I can't have been the only one to think the latest GoT was a bit meh, can I?

Seems to me the writers are so desperate to move the story to where they want it that they're now killing off peripheral characters with unseemly haste and in a narratively unsatisfactory way.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Seems to me the writers are so desperate to move the story to where they want it that they're now killing off peripheral characters with unseemly haste and in a narratively unsatisfactory way.
    Only ten episodes left from this point, B. I imagine at least two or three of those will be focussing on the battle with the army of the dead, then you still have to resolve the battle for the iron throne after that (if there's anything left that is). Personally i'm finding the whole Euron thing a complete farce. He seemingly wipes out every enemy fleet he comes into contact with and doesn't seem to suffer many loses of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Only ten episodes left from this point, B. I imagine at least two or three of those will be focussing on the battle with the army of the dead, then you still have to resolve the battle for the iron throne after that (if there's anything left that is). Personally i'm finding the whole Euron thing a complete farce. He seemingly wipes out every enemy fleet he comes into contact with and doesn't seem to suffer many loses of his own.
    Yes. He also appears able to turn up anywhere he likes, while Dragon**** consistently refuses to do the obvious and use her dragons to burn the ****er to ashes. And that's before we even start on how he managed to build 1,000 ships with very few people and no wood in the space of what appeared to be a couple of days.

All in all, he's been brought in as a plot device rather than a character and it just feels a bit shoddy.

Yes. He also appears able to turn up anywhere he likes, while Dragon**** consistently refuses to do the obvious and use her dragons to burn the ****er to ashes. And that's before we even start on how he managed to build 1,000 ships with very few people and no wood in the space of what appeared to be a couple of days.

All in all, he's been brought in as a plot device rather than a character and it just feels a bit shoddy.
    Are you not kind of guilty of overthinking the whole thing here.

You struggle with the construction task of a few hundred boats in a short time period, even querying the availability of proper materials for the job.

Yet the fact that one of the main characters has a pet dragon you are cool with?

It all just seems very silly when you look into it. The Lannister army was heavily depleted after the war of the five kings yet now they have enough power to defeat the Tyrell's and the Dornish who are relatively untouched from recent wars. Obviously this means they're due a serious beating at some point to change the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

You struggle with the construction task of a few hundred boats in a short time period, even querying the availability of proper materials for the job.

Yet the fact that one of the main characters has a pet dragon you are cool with?
    Internal consistency, innit. The narrative has established that this is a world in which dragons exist, so one accepts that. However, the narrative has not established that this is a world where they have magical boat replicating machines.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

These kind of people probably also watch Dr Who, sw :freaks:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    It all just seems very silly when you look into it. The Lannister army was heavily depleted after the war of the five kings yet now they have enough power to defeat the Tyrell's and the Dornish who are relatively untouched from recent wars. Obviously this means they're due a serious beating at some point to change the narrative.
    Well yes. It's obvious that whoever does well at first in GoT wars ends up losing. However, it's the shortcuts they're taking in achieving that that bother me.

Obviously very disappoint to see Olenna Tyrell gone. The place won't be the same without her, though I look forward to her confession reaching Cersei.

Unsurprisingly the narrative has to have the Lannisters going into a 4-1 lead early doors but you have to worry about the Stupid Dwarf Cùnt's managerial ineptitude. Trading on his reputation on past success (the Battle of Blackwater Bay was fùcking years ago now) the SDC consistently fails with poor tactics, underestimation of the opponent, and inadequate preparation. Also he literally can't keep his star players onboard. Tyrion Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Obviously very disappoint to see Olena Tyrell gone. The place won't be the same without her, though I look forward to her confession reaching Cersei.

Unsurprisingly the narrative has to have the Lannisters going into a 4-1 lead early doors but you have to worry about the Stupid Dwarf Cùnt's managerial ineptitude. Trading on his reputation on past success (the Battle of Blackwater Bay was fùcking years ago now) the SDC consistently fails with poor tactics, underestimation of the opponent, and inadequate preparation. Also he literally can't keep his star players onboard. Tyrion Out!
    This would be a spoiler if I could remember who is who, buit as I can't, I've got away with it.