Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: This Kroenke hunting thing is repugnant, but there is some pretty empty moral

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That is a corporate partnership with mutual benefits. So in a way…….
    I know. I have blood on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I know. I have blood on my hands.
    How many degrees of separation does there need to be to avoid having said blood on one's hands.

I mean if I bank with say, HSBC, and they have banking/loan/etc facilities with the Arsenal . . . have I just helped shoot a lion in the face?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well it is easier to play the victim.

It isn’t fair that the man that owns my club also endorses animal slaughter because now I have to make a choice between what I want to do and what I know I should do. Why should I be put in such a position?

Its alright for the animals, they are dead. What about me??? I shouldn’t have to alter my habits, spending, behaviours just because some evil corporation doesn’t share my views on everything. How dare they do this to ME!!!!!
    Well precisely. People are more desperate than ever to parade their principles, but less willing than ever to do anything inconvenient to remain consistent with those principles. It's a sort of solipsistic stalemate.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    How many degrees of separation does there need to be to avoid having said blood on one's hands.

I mean if I bank with say, HSBC, and they have banking/loan/etc facilities with the Arsenal . . . have I just helped shoot a lion in the face?
    Fraid so, yes.

Well precisely. People are more desperate than ever to parade their principles, but less willing than ever to do anything inconvenient to remain consistent with those principles. It's a sort of solipsistic stalemate.
    Nah, it's just Game Theory in action.

Fraid so, yes.
    Blimey.

I think I best go and live up a tree in the ever shrinking Amazonian rainforest...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Jesus, I feel like I've just walked into a debate on ethics between a bunch of not particularly bright 16-year-olds.
    That is pretty much what you have done.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You big fúcking eejit
    You started it. Possibly....

THe good news is that the Body Shop is no longer owned by Loreal, so you can shop there again.

grandstanding going on around it.

People are acting as though they are in some way forced to fund Kroenke's activities by dint of being Arsenal fans. By all means have a moan about it and if you feel that strongly about it, withdraw your custom. But don't let's pretend you don't have a choice about whether to give Arsenal Football Club money, ffs!

As with so many issues, I really do feel there's a case for having the words 'REMEMBER YOU ARE JUST A CUSTOMER OF A BUSINESS WITH THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW YOUR CUSTOM WHENEVER YOU LIKE' tattooed inside the eyelids of most football fans.
    No, the outrage is really the last vestige of personal responsibility available. Merely being a punter is not nearly so morally problematic as actually working for The Man, which everyone does, of course. And all business is linked in some way or other.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."